What's new

PATTY DUKE SHOW - Coming in September (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I own the entire series on VHS tape. This is one that I'd love to acquire on DVD, though. The sound of the tapes is muffled in many places, and I find myself having to turn up the volume a lot to hear the episodes clearly.

Bring it on!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
I was excited until I saw that it was Shout releasing it. I will guarantee that Shout will find a way to screw up this release. Count on it.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I became reacquainted once again, with the "Patty Duke Show" on World Harvest TV in the early 90's.
Although the prints weren't the cleanest, sponsor tags for Breck and Nabisco were sometimes left intact.
WHT would also show the ABC Network Presentation ID at the very end...something other stations didn't do.

John

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
With only three seasons, there should be a good shot at Patty Duke Show being wrapped up in a year - if they go 6 months between sets. The big question is will Shout! be able to get Patty Duke (is it still Astin?) to promote the release with interviews and bonus features. Isn't the actor who played her dad still popping up on stuff?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
HOORAY!!

This title is one that has been near the top of my "most wanted" list for years. Loosely inspired by Disney's highly successful, "The Parent Trap," Patty Duke is a sheer delight (not to mention totally believable) in the dual lead roles. I can't wait for this release!

Thank you SHOUT! Factory.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I used to watch reruns of this series many years ago when I was still in middle school (I am turning 40 Sunday!)... I remember always enjoying it then... so I plan on getting the DVDs. I just hope it held up to the test of time and my tastes hasn't changed too much!

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I am SOOOOO EXCITED about this release!!! Finally, an announcement that I am excited about. I can't wait to grab this one.

I'm pretty sure it will have 36 episodes. Otherwise, it wouldn't be "The Complete First Season" as labeled on the coverart. Plus, 6 discs for 24 episodes doesn't seem plausible.

I LOOOVE what they did to the cover. I can't wait for September!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I wonder if Shout! could get their hands on the 1999 reunion movie, "Still Rockin' in Brooklyn Heights." That would make a terrific extra, if not with season 1 then possibly with season 2 or 3.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Well, another of my 'most wanted' is finally coming out. Now that Shout! Factory is getting into the MGM/UA stuff, how about the last two seasons of Green Acres, all of Car 54, and the complete My Mother The Car?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I'd love to see all those as well, Charles. Along with Dennis the Menace, which I guess might be Sony, but I'm not sure. Hard to keep track of who owns the rights to what nowadays. My biggest concern, for lack of a better word, is that Shout continue with the series they are running right now if at all possible. I understand sales are the bottom line, but I just don't want to see them get so oversaturated with new releases that they end up having to drop others (like Father Knows Best for me and Peyton Place for you).

Gary "I like Bob and Neil's ideas about extras for this series" O.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I just left a post over at Shout's Community Boards about these extras in the event that Shout! isn't aware of them . . . . at least they can ask MGM about the availability. As a rule, I don't buy a lot of sitcoms (they probably represent about 20% of my collection), but this one is an absolute must.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Selected parts of the pilot were included in a flashback episode about how Cathy came to live with the Lanes. Wasn't she already living with them in the first broadcast episode? Also did TV Land once show the pilot ?

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
When I saw American Gladiators then Thirtysomething being announced by Shout I knew they had entered into an agreement with MGM (via Fox I assume as they also licenced their shows). So I figured Patty Duke was there somewhere. I am thinking Mister Ed season sets are somewhere down the road. Also hoping for It'a About Time, My Mother The Car, The Mothers-in Law, more Fame, Flipper & Green Acres.

Also hoping via Fox/Shout for The Ghost & Mrs Muir & Nanny & the Professor.

I have supported Shout release (That girl, Room 222, The Paper Chase, Rhoda) and will continue to do so.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The FLIPPER Season 1 dvd that was released a couple of years ago was probably the most beautiful, knock-my-socks-off dvd I've ever seen. I could not believe how crystal clear the video was for that show. It was just gorgeous. I'd love to see Shout pick that one up and run with it.

Gary "I'd certainly buy MR. ED as well" O.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Mr. Ed is also on the wishlist, but I think until all parties with the lawsuits are satisfied, I wouldn't expect Ed for a while yet.

You know what really amazes me? With all this talk of the economy in bad shape and the decline of TV on DVD, we're getting a lot of titles getting announced and released lately. I'd like to give a lot of credit to Shout!, but I think it's really the fans and their demand that is really driving this interest right now. Demand = sales as they say.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Interesting info about Mr. Ed. I didn't know that it was one of those legal "black hole" shows on DVD.

As for Shout's recent releases, I too am pleasantly surprised but as Gary said, how many of these shows will complete on DVD? Sometime's it's not how you start but how you finish the race.

I'm not familiar the with Patty Duke Show so I'll need some feedback on how it compares to, say, Donna Reed Show or some other similar ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks