What's new

PATTY DUKE SHOW - Coming in September (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Lecagr

I recorded all 104 uncut Patty Duke shows from Chicago's Me-TV, Me-TOO, and THIS-TV. I then made a 26 DVD set of the complete series, quality is superb. I also have the original pilot for the series and the 1999 reunion movie Still Rockin In Brooklyn Heights.
Interesting. Does MeTV show its other shows uncut or did MGM not bother to cut the remastered editions to 22 minutes or less?

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Some shows Me-TV airs are uncut, others are not. Patty Duke was one of the uncut ones. They also have aired Dennis The Menace and Mister Ed, but those shows were not uncut. Me-TV and Me-TOO are pretty good stations for those who enjoy classic TV shows.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
They are also running uncut (as far as I can tell) on Harvest TV at 4:30pm which I sometimes watch by streaming video on the internet.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Michael Rogers

They are also running uncut (as far as I can tell) on Harvest TV at 4:30pm which I sometimes watch by streaming video on the internet.

They have run the complete series several times now,and the were uncut -except for tighten up the "brought to you by" voice overs :)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
CNN has a great new interview with Ms. Duke about the show- she credits it with saving her otherwise dreary life as a teenager. That reminds me of how the show got cancelled in 1966: it wasn't the ratings, it was technology that spelled its doom by ABC! For the upcoming fall '66 season, the entire primetime lineup was going to full color (as was happening on the other networks), but United Artists Television refused to put up the extra cost of shooting a fourth season in color. With that bad decision, ABC had no choice but to cancel a show that was still doing well ratingswise.

BTW, I wrote a fan letter to Ms. Duke a few months ago and sent some 8x10s to her at the theater where she's doing Wicked in San Francisco. She signed both of them (one as Patty Lane, one as Neely O'Hara), so she does answer fan mail.

Here's the CNN interview:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/20/patty.duke.show/index.html

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Did United Artists have any substantal TV series AFTER "The Patty Duke Show"?

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I believe Gilligan's Island was a United Artists show and through the zig zags in ownership wound up owned by Warner

Originally Posted by DeWilson

Did United Artists have any substantal TV series AFTER "The Patty Duke Show"?

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
That has to do with Phil Silvers, who production company made the show. Today, his estate (represented by his daughters) still has ownership, and if memory serves me correctly, was part of the big MGM/RKO/pre-49 Warner package of films and TV shows acquired by Turner Broadcasting, which is now part of Time Warner.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I noticed that they are playing the Patty Duke Show in the early mornings on the THIS network. I've been DVR'ing Mister Ed and Sea Hunt, and now I added Patty Duke to the mix. I just watched the first of the episodes from this morning, Patty The Diplomat.

I read earlier where people were discussing audio issue. In this episode, I experienced some video and audio only drop-outs from time to time. The episode was right at 25 minutes. Is this what other have experienced, either in episodes they seen broadcast or from the first season DVDs?

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by smithb

I noticed that they are playing the Patty Duke Show in the early mornings on the THIS network. I've been DVR'ing Mister Ed and Sea Hunt, and now I added Patty Duke to the mix. I just watched the first of the episodes from this morning, Patty The Diplomat.

I read earlier where people were discussing audio issue. In this episode, I experienced some video and audio only drop-outs from time to time. The episode was right at 25 minutes. Is this what other have experienced, either in episodes they seen broadcast or from the first season DVDs?

From 2006 to 2008, I recorded all 104 uncut Patty Duke shows from TV. Got them from Chicago's Me-TV, Me-TOO, and THIS-TV. They've re-aired the episodes so I was able to go back and replace a few from the first time where there were some audio/video issues. The audio in the first two seasons episodes seems pretty clear and crisp, but I noticed with the third season the sound overall is a little softer and not quite as crisp. Interesting you mentioned Patty The Diplomat. The first time I recorded that episode, the sound was muffled and not good at all. So I recorded it again when they re-aired it and the sound was much better. Sometimes when you are recording stuff from TV a lot depends on how the station has their equipment set when they air the programs. Audio levels can vary.

Regarding the Patty Duke DVD's from Shout Factory, I don't have those as I am happy with my collection of the series. But I've read reviews about them that mention the sound levels do fluctuate.

randyrandy

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
It looks like Season Three is a go.

This is according to an official post on Shout Factory's message board. No word on any extras at this time.

Randy

Patty Duke Photo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Patty_Duke_Photo_Group/

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Is there anything like a DVD collection of pilot episodes that has the pilot for this show?

I have access to it, but the quality is lackluster so I'm wondering if there's a better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks