What's new

Paper Moon money exchange trick (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Anyone?

Here is how it starts: Ryan O'Neal asks for change for a $5 bill. The cashier gives him 5 $1 bills.

I'm not sure what happens afterwards involving a $10 bill.

~T

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
If I recall correctly, the exchange takes place in a busy carnival, with lots of people clamoring for service. O'Neal's character gives him a 5 and asks for a 10 instead. The harried carnival guy thinks 5 ones plus a 5 equals 10.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The first exchange was between Ryan and the lady cashier in the store. The second one was between Tatum and the old man at the carnival.

Hmmm, that's simple. I could've sworn is sounded more complicated or different than that.

~T

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
There was a similiar scam in Twenty Bucks, perpetuated by Steve Buscemi. I forget the exact details, but he buys something small (a cup of coffee?) and pays with a twenty. He then says "wait, I have a smaller bill." It's gets fuzzy in my mind after that, but I think he somehow gets the change for the twenty, as well as exchanging the smaller bill for the twenty.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
There was another scam involving a lady cashier. Ryan pays for something with a big bill ($50? $100?). Tatum buys something, gives the cashier a much smaller bill, then claims she gave her the big bill. Tears appear as Tatum claims it was a special bill from her aunt, with her name on it. Of course, it does have her name on it, since Ryan gave it to the cashier. The manager tells the cashier to give Tatum her "special" bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks