What's new

Pioneer QT-74 reel to reel tape deck, Sacramento local sale only (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I have a Pioneer QT-74 tape deck for sale (got it when my father passed away about 6 years ago). It has been sitting inside a custom stereo cabinet with some other equipment. The cabinet has now been repurposed and all the other equipment dealt with, this is the last piece.

I am guessing it hadn't been used in about 30 years (might be closer to 40). I was able to hook it up to an old AV receiver to confirm basic playback is functional. However, when I tried reverse, it didn't work without me giving it a little manual help (spinning the reels). I wasn't able to try recording anything.

Since it was in a custom cabinet with other equipment, its original wooden cabinet and plastic cover hadn't been used and are in good shape. I have the original box, along with some still shrink wrapped original spare parts that came with it (they can be seen in the picture).

I am asking $150 or best offer. I am less concerned about the price than I am finding someone that can put it to good use.

IMG_0314.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks