What's new

Outlaw LFM-1 vs SVS PB1-ISD, Please Help (1 Viewer)

I am in search of a new sub to replace my Existing klipsch LF-10. My HT room is 6,000 cubic feet. I have read the review on this forum between the Hsu STF-3 vs the SVS PB1-ISD, with the winner being the SVS. Is there a review looking at the SVS vs the Outlaw, or has anyone done a side by comparison. I know the Hsu and Outlaw are similar subs, however ther are some differnces (amp, Driver, down firing ports vs rear etc.) I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you.

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I own the PB1-ISD, and it is a fantastic sub. I plan on listening to the Outlaw today at the HT Expo in NYC.

I can predict what I will find, as this will be purely subjective listening, and obviously not side-by-side. I bet I really like the Outlaw, but prefer the SVS. That's psychology at work. These are both great subs by all accounts, and I'm sure there's no clear winner. It's not like comparing the SVS to a KLH sub.

In any event, I will try to share my thoughts after the Expo.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Your room is very large. Either of those two will be somewhat lost in that room unless you listen at rather polite levels.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Tony, You make a good point. The "least" sub that could handle every movie in our house was the 25-31 pc+... Our room is 5700 ^3 feet...

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
As promised, I'm back to report after listening to the Outlaw sub (and about 200 other pieces of equipment!). The HT Expo was a lot of fun. It's definitely grown a LOT since the last one in NYC two years ago. Shows how much HT has boomed.

Also, you can see the progression in a company like Outlaw. At the last expo, they were in a tiny little room. This time they had a nice big suite, that was overflowing for each demo.

Anyway, sorry to say but I didn't really get any good listening to the Outlaw sub. They only played a couple of movie demos (no music), and they actually had 3 LFM-1's set up. So, it was meaningless from a standpoint of really listening to the sub. But the 3 subs really cranked out a lot of loud, low, clean bass. If Tony and Craig are correct, maybe you should get two of the LFM-1's and call it a day. :)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
On further thought, the PB2-isd would also be a great choice. The Outlaw combo will allow the subwoofers to be split up, is necessary, while the SVS gives variable tuning options.

The problem with both is the poster asked about $600 subwoofers for a 6000^3 foot room. These two options will run about $400 over budget.

The closest to that price which will work, IMO, is the 25-31 pc+, about $200 over budget.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
If it helps, Outlaw has a special: two LFM-1's for $999. Still over budget...but a pretty nice deal.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Curtis, I know that the heat out there is rougn, but when I mentioned that both the Outlaw combo AND the PB2-ISD are around $400 over budget, I was thinking people would do the math...;)

Also - I am working with David Fabrikant to see if we can do an Ascend review...and used you as a reference

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks