What's new

*** Official 'Jedi Knight 2 (PC)' Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah ,That's the tank I was jumping on. No symbols are moving for some reason

Can anyone maybe provide me with a save file that's right past that point worse comes to worse?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Never mind, reboot fixed the problem

Except now loading Bespin crashes the Voodoo 3's OpenGL driver. My new Radeon can't get here fast enough

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Man, but this game just get better and better with every level! I've long been a fan of Raven's, and they haven't let us down one iota. This game is definitely worthy of the Jedi Knight name. I'm just sad that it appears I'm approaching the end. :frowning:
I was wondering if there would be anything as outright stunning as the interior of the pipeline in the original. I nominate the inside of the reactor, with that big, purple beam. That whole level is just beautiful. I have yet to find a level I don't like.
The only thing I can think of that I would change is the way the sniper rifle is handled. I guess it was a balancing issue that made them make it impossible to strafe and keep the zoom, but it's very annoying. Nothing like having to snipe out in the open. Sort of defeats the purpose. Also, it is rather strange that there is no throwing animation for the thermal dets.
Anyway, the expansion pack can't get here soon enough, though I fear any such pack will NOT include any single player levels. If there won't be any, I hope the sequel is in the works.

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
Larry:
Are you sure you are playing the same game as the rest of us? Go to www.lucasforums.com and people there are complaining about the game runs like crap on a good computer. I seriously doubt you can run it at 1600x1200 32bit with all effects maxed and still maintain 30 fps.
Also the game looks much better than JK. I don't know how it looks like the same to your eyes. Just look at the models. They are not blocky as in JK. Also look at all the curved surfaces (A graphical capability of Quake3 engine). Especially Lando's new spaceship.... Oh sorry forgot you only played for 10 seconds.
I seriously think you are trolling.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Lando's ship is just plain cool. Takes a little of the sting out of losing the Falcon! ;) Too bad I didn't explore it more.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I have beaten the single player game. What an experience. My only real critizism is that the end boss was not very challenging. Getting to explore the Massasi Temple on Yavin Four was just too cool.

The swamp level was the most system-challening level. The zero-G experience on the ship was similar to the one on the original JK, but didn't have the same sense of disorientation.

Finally started playing multi-player and really enjoyed the capture the flag levels.

So when are we going to get together for a match?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This swamp level is doin' murder to meesa frame rate! But, not only is it a great-looking level, I noticed one of the coolest details yet (not really a spoiler, but I'll cover it up for those who haven't gotten there yet):

The rain actually sparks off the lightsaber! Awesome detail! It's also nice they kept the Phantom Menace cut scene in mind and have Kyle close down his saber when in deep water.

Raven rules. Here's hoping they have a sequel in the works with--finally--a Tatooine mission.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Larry:
Are you sure you are playing the same game as the rest of us? Go to www.lucasforums.com and people there are complaining about the game runs like crap on a good computer. I seriously doubt you can run it at 1600x1200 32bit with all effects maxed and still maintain 30 fps.
Also the game looks much better than JK. I don't know how it looks like the same to your eyes. Just look at the models. They are not blocky as in JK. Also look at all the curved surfaces (A graphical capability of Quake3 engine). Especially Lando's new spaceship.... Oh sorry forgot you only played for 10 seconds.
I seriously think you are trolling.
Very positive I'm playing the same game. those people complaining need to upgrade their machines. I have an Athlon 1.3ghz with a gig of RAM and 7200rpm hard drives. My graphic card SHOULD be my weak link as it's the next thing to be upgraded, but apparantly they didn't feel like maxing out the engine. I hardly think I am trolling as this is a REVIEW thread, not a kiss the games ass thread. I was the 3rd person to post a review in this thread, I didn't come here to crap on the game after you all had your lovefest with it, that all occured AFTER I had played the game and given the review. I played the game for 10 minutes, that's enough to judge a games graphics. Did you continue playing pacman for an hour after your first experience hoping the games graphics would get better? (PS they dont) It's almost 3-4 days later, I'm much furthur in the game, and guess what? I still think the graphics suck. The game isn't great. I'm not a fan boy though, so it's up to you whether or not you choose to accept my NON-BIASED opinion or not. I like Star Wars, I don't love it. I was there in 77, and I will be there this May, but that doesn't mean I accept everything that comes out of the Star Wars universe as the holy grail of gaming like it sounds like most of you do. It's an OK game, I imagine the multiplayer will be about as good as the last Jedi Knight.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The point we're all trying to make is that the graphical wonders don't really kick in till the 3rd mission or so. That's all.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I just beat the game about 2 hours ago, it is a very well done game overall. I agree on that swamp level, it killed my system, I had to drop to 800x600 16 bit and all details lowered, thats the first time that has happened, ever! I liked the graphics a lot, especially the Doomgiver levels, too cool. Bring on the expansion.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
The point we're all trying to make is that the graphical wonders don't really kick in till the 3rd mission or so. That's all.
Couldn't agree more.
The swamp level is a good example of where there are many details to notice throughout the level.
The reason why I said that level is the most resource-intensive is because I noticed some slight slowdown but nothing unplayable. I'm running the game 800x600 in the high quality mode w/32 bit textures. Other specs include:
Soyo Dragon + Motherboard 266 FSB
Athlon XP 1600 (1.4 ghz)
512 MB DDR
7200 RPM Ultra ATA 100 HD
Xtasy GeForce 2 TI w/64 MB DDR (time for a new card :frowning: )

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Well I installed this game last night around 10:30.

Went to bed at 3:15 AM. I'm very tired today, but DAMN this is a fun game! I would up playing multiplayer for most of the time. I can't quite get the hang of using the lightsaber in close quarters with other players yet, and all those damn force controls are impossible to really get a grasp on with so many keys to program, but it's a fun ride.

Graphically, it's excellent. I still like the look of the Unreal Tournament engine above the Quake III engine, but it's still damn nice, and holds it hold in terms of framerate at 1024x768. I'll try a higher resolution tonight.

Need sleep!

Mike

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Eye candy is great and I personally think that JK2 delivers. As long as the gameplay rocks I can look past ANY graphics - good or bad. I love how JK2 actually uses common sense to get from point to point. You really have to think in most cases to advance. I got a feeling this game will take me longer than most games since I want to solve the problems myself without a walkthrough. But I am enjoying this game immensely. I would give it a 9/10.
I like the zoom in binocs - it's great for zooming in on Jan's rear end as she works feverishly at a computer :D

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I like the zoom in binocs - it's great for zooming in on Jan's rear end as she works feverishly at a computer
LOL! After reading this I just want to go home and try that out.

As for the game, its great. Personally I feel that its another AAA title from Raven. Can't wait for Soldier of Fortune II and Quake 4. Can you imagine what Raven could do if they get to do Jedi Knight 3 and use the Doom III engine???? I think I need to change my pants just thinking about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks