What's new

*** Official 'Jedi Knight 2 (PC)' Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Well, I finished this game yesterday. It was one of the most fun games I've ever played. Im moving on to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault now.

I had a ton of fun using the force powers and I might even consider playing this game through one more time... that said, the ending was laaaame! How can you go thru all that and get a bunk cut scene? One other thing that bothered me were the low-res cut scenes - anything that was a cut scene of outer space looked blurry and distorted; was I the only one with that problem?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I purchased this game yesterday and i'm having a blast, i'm only up to the level where you have to go and destroy the mine facility. I've been playing a lot of Multiplayer, I usually go on the free for all and just challenge people to lightsaber duals, I lose but its still fun :)
Its fun using the force especially on the multi-player maps where you can fall off edges, I use the grip or push and chuck them off ledges all the time. People get very annoyed :) I think i've used a gun twice I have to much fun wielding a light saber.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Just out of curiosity, how did you folks who won defeat Desann? I did it BY ACCIDENT. Here's how:

I tried to throw my saber at him, but it hit one of the pillars -- that subsequently toppled and crushed him.

He killed me about 15-20 times before I managed that. I may try to beat him honestly, but man, is he HARD.

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
I have a quick question.. I am at the part where you have to blow up the ion cannons, when do you get to use the force and when do you find the lightsaber? Seems like I have been playing awhile and have yet to use either.. Thanks

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone put the Saber cheat that cuts enemies limbs off? I love throwing the saber and lopping a Rodian head off :)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
So far my favorite thing I have done is this.....
SPOILERS AHEAD...
In my 1st lightsabre duel in Bespin (where Luke lost his hand), I actually cut off the hand of the Dark Jedi I was dueling with. :)
Another great moment came when I was fighting two Dark Jedi at the same time. They were both behind me and I did the strike attack where you do the circle. Right when I did this they both jumped at me, I cut one of the Jedi's head off and the other lost his torso in one swipe of my sabre. God, I wish you could save a replay of some of these duels.
-Dean-

Keith M.

Second Unit
I have just started playing and Im really getting frustrated!!

Im past the 1st checkpoint, Im in the room with the deadly water on the floor (right after the frozen area)...

I have killed all the troopers and took the elevator platform down, blew all the cannons up and now what?? I am wandering around for hours... Am I missing something or is this game not intuitive at all!!

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Keith, you're going to have to rely on www.gamefaqs.com to get thru this game. I thought I could figure out all the stuff on my own, but I was dead wrong. There are just too many levels that you seem to wander around aimlessly on.
For what it's worth, I believe you have to go back up the elevator and walk along the thin ledge. You'll see a control room with glass in front. Break the glass and throw a detonator at the door switch. This will open the door and allow you to switch on some control panels. Go back down the elevator and into the middle section (which was previously closed). Drop thru the hole in the floor and voila! You're on to the next section of that level.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Here's how I finally beat Dessan:

Used "push" on the switches on the upper level around the ledge. Then hopped in the "force stream" and became super jedi and used speed to pulverize him.

Keith it seems when playing most of the game I would be walking around for about a 1/2 hour lookking for the right way to go. Of course that's alot how the other 2 jedi games were designed.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The game seems to rely on the 'oops' factor to make it seem challenging. "Oops, the pipes you're climing up just exploded for no reason." "Ooops, you just walked into a room full of bad guys who see no reason not to simply all drop thermal detonators straight at their own feet, and kill EVERYBODY IN THE ROOM." "Ooops, you just opened a door, and the trip mines were beneath your field of view." "Ooops, there's a sniper with a disintegrator LITERALLY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP who just bullseyed you, when you're at a full run."

Also, I have two real problems with the targeting system. One, is that it seems that when a mob is in a 'wounded' animation, it will not take damage, and two, I've literally stood toe-to-toe with, say, a storm trooper, blazing away with, say, the bowcaster, or either mode of the blaster rifle, and every shot has missed. Meanwhile, he's just poking his rifle into me belly and holding down the trigger.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just have one thing to say...
ahem, THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME!!
I am up to the level right after Yavin (with the EVIL EVIL disintegrator gun and thermal detonator toting aliens) and I am just awestruck. Man, this game is DAMN HARD... hope to play some multiplayer sometime (I could beat ANYONE in Jedi Knight I at a duel).
:D

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
That Tron skin is pretty good, but my favorite skin so far is the Ultimate Darth Maul skin, it looks very real.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I don't know what y'all are saying about load times, though; 14 seconds is the longest it's taken me to load a level 'cold,' with five or six seconds to load from a save when I die. Quicksave is instant.

Force push is MUCH more useful at level 2 than at level 1. Cloud City is kewl.

Here's a perfect example of my gripes, though. The arena with Reelo. Don't read if you've not gotten this.

Five lasers on the ceiling; no problem. A bunch of enemies; VERY NICELY DONE. VERY cinematic looking to just go scything through them with the lightsaber. Then you open a door, and oh look, there's two guys with fully charged disruptors, and one with a blaster rifle. Death.

This game is much like Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and the other laserdisc games; try something, die, try something else, get it right, move onto the next room, die, move more carefully, etc etc.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I got JK2 demoed for me at a friends the other day, looks extremely cool and I'd like to pick it up.

Question is, should I even bother with my specs?

P2-400

128 RAM

All SCSI-based, seagate cheetah U2 HD

Diamond Multimedia gfx with Intel i740 chip set (8mb I think)

Voodoo2 with 12mb

Seems you guys have mixed results. Any tips? (except to upgrade)

Users who are viewing this thread