What's new

No love at Sony for George Stevens' The Talk of the Town (1942) (1 Viewer)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I've always wanted the score to be released in some form. John Williams sampled some of it for "Return of the Jedi"

I’ve yet to see the film, but I agree with Battlebeast that it seems odd that Williams would quote some of this score in Return of the Jedi (I do recall a Shofar call from Elmer Bernstein’s Ten Commandments score being heard near the end of the film). Do you know where in that film Williams quotes Friedrich Hollaender’s score for Talk of the Town?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I hope somebody releases this movie and Ladies in Retirement on Blu-ray, a couple of favorite Sony classics of mine :)

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
I’ve yet to see the film, but I agree with Battlebeast that it seems odd that Williams would quote some of this score in Return of the Jedi (I do recall a Shofar call from Elmer Bernstein’s Ten Commandments score being heard near the end of the film). Do you know where in that film Williams quotes Friedrich Hollaender’s score for Talk of the Town?

I think it's the Luke and Leia scene when he tells her she's his sister. Perhaps it appears in a few scenes here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks