What's new

New subwoofer from SVS... The CS-Plus! (1 Viewer)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
OK,
The CS-Plus is finally here.
So you have champagne tastes and a beer budget? Well, the standard "Cylinder Series" (AKA the "CS) remains SVS's "entry level" choice (one still not equalled in cost or performance anywhere we know of). Even they perform better than they did when we opened our doors 18 months ago.
But... you say you have a few more beans to throw around? Maybe you cashed out of Enron just before they went bye-bye?
Well, put your mutual funds away, for only a slight price premium, you can step up to the CS-Plus now. If you put some serious power behind one (or better, two) like the recommended Samson S-1000 you can darn near double your performance for a like-sized sub. Your aren't seeing double. We've been working hard on this for months, but by January we should be finally shipping.
Those with "regular" CS subs still have the benchmark the rest of the industry is only now scrambling to achieve, those looking to order soon might consider the new kid on the block. That link again? .
And yes (for those writing before even checking the web page...you know who you are ;^) There WILL be powered version, probably in Spring 2002. The amp is still going thru some design and contract talks. Go ahead and just fold down the page in your dictionary for "Stunning" right now. No one will expect what that all in one, PC-Plus, will bring to the table.
P.S. You did know we're giving one of these new subs away? Santa is gonna be nice to THAT lucky boy or girl.

John Gates

Second Unit
Wow!!

Hey Ron, any possibility that you will sell an upgrade kit? I have the 20-39 CS (a pair), and it would be nice if I could buy the new drivers and maybe the new ports and DYI the upgrade. Is this possible?

Thanks for keeping us bass fanatics up to our necks in the good stuff!!!

John

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
John,

Upgrade kits won't be possible. The entire top cap would have to be swapped out, plus the driver flange is a bit different from our standard one. It wouldn't fit in your enclosure quite right.

Jeff,

You are breaking my heart!

Off the above web page link:

"So what's it all mean? Still wrapped in our elegant but understated CS enclosures, two of these subs, powered with a standard Samson S1000 (500 watt per channel) amplifier, will equal roughly four like-sized CS subwoofers. In case you were wondering, our high-end CS-Ultra remains the "Nth degree" performance king at SVS (not counting the "price is no object SS line"). But in the mid-priced range, starting today, the CS-Plus subwoofers now rule the roost with a superlative cost/performance ratio."

You would get less performance with less power. Probably a Samson S700 and a pair of CS-Plus's would be like three normal CS's. We are trying to steer folks towards the S-1000 just so the subs are hitting the peak we know they are capable of.

Ron

BryanZ

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Ron,
I take it that the enclosure sizes are pretty much the same?
Looks sweet! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the enclosures are the same proprietary cylinders. The endcaps are 1.5" thick birch. The porting is ala' CS_Ultra.(3 3" widely flared ports...more port flow area than any other commercial subwoofer

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
John,

As the page indicates. The CS-Ultra (the new SS notwithstanding) remains "IT". The CS-Plus, good as it is, will not outperform the Ultra.

Sort of like having a Z06 'Vette. If you want the last bit of performance, you pony up the $ for the killer motor.

Ron

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I'm very interested! Anything you can say now regarding the number of watts the future PC amp will have? Or, IOW, how would it compare to a Plus powered by the Samson 1000.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Will you guys be offering different colors for the fabric on the plus series?

Maybe a couple different shades of brown! My wife would really like that! May even let me get a pair!!!

Thanks

Rhett

John Cain

Second Unit
Well my wife and I are big Organ Music fans, so perhaps I'm getting the best sub for our tastes, eh??

Thanks,

-- John

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Drag,

I wish I had known about this a day or two earlier. I just ordered a 20-39cs with the Samson s700. It shipped a day or two after the cs+ was announced. For the price difference I would have ordered the cs+ with the s1000. I'm sure I'll still love the 20-39cs though.

Ron or Tom,do you think going with an extra 20-39cs in the future will outgun a single cs+ with the s1000?

Salvador

Second Unit
SeanD, what's the breakdown of the amount you paid for the 20-39cs? i'm also interested in getting one for myself. I have an idea of how much it'll cost but i just want a confirmation.

thanks

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Salvador,

As soon as it comes in(I'm hoping it will be tomorrow), I'll post the exact cost of everything. I'm hoping it won't be much more than $1500 altogether. I won't know the UPS brokerage fee until the guy knocks at my door.

Salvador

Second Unit
i was burned with that infernal brokerage fee when i ordered a case from the US. My friend and I never saw it coming.

I'm thinking that brokerage fee will be around $150 (guess)

thanks seanD

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Sean...all,worried about a recent order. Since we're not shipping the CS+ for approx 30 days...think of it like this,
Instead of doing without a SVsubwoofer for a month, enjoy the one you ordered,and then at the end of your 45 day trial period you can decide if upgrading to the CS+ is still something that interests you(we'll probably be seeing a few customer reviews on it by then~certainly the winner of the contest). If it is...you basically rented the CS or PC subwoofer for about $1-$1.50 a day waiting on the CS+ to begin shipping(the shipping cost if you decide to return them at the end of your trial period).
That's not a bad deal really:)
TV

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Sean,forgot to mention,

Dual 20-39s/S700 will match or outgun a single CS+/S1000 package across the board.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks