What's new

New subwoofer from SVS... The CS-Plus! (1 Viewer)

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>I suspect I already know the answer, but I'm compelled to ask anyway; Will it be possible to customize/lower the tuning frequency(like alot of others are doing) of the 25-31pc+ ?

Joe-T

Stunt Coordinator
Out of curiosity, if the the 25-31 tuned to 21Hz can extend down to 16-18Hz range (-10dB?), how far would a normally tuned 16-46 CS+ extend in the average room with a

-10dB point?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Using my room as an average room(it's a 20/14/8 shoebox with one 5 ft opening into a dining area in one corner)...a 16-46cs extends down to the 9-13hz range.

TV

Randy G

Second Unit
Tom,
Should I assume that you'd be able to do the same port-plugging/tuning with the powered version when it comes out? If so, perhaps that would be a good alternative for the 25-31 CS Ultra that I had been hoping for.
Lastly, approximately how many dbs output do you lose above 25hz when you plug the port as opposed to all ports being unplugged?
Thanks,
Randy

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the user-retuning will work on all the subs we offer with three 3" porting.
The response curve will flatten slightly...so you'd lose a dB(ish) in response from about 26-35hz or so...but I don't know if that would really be audible with most source material. Your maximum output capbilities in the same range would drop...probably a fraction of a dB.
If Ron and I can catch our breath after xmas...we'll be getting a whole bunch of CS+ graphs and stuff on the webpage. As it is now...orders have approx doubled over the past 2-3 months.(which we weren't anticipating really~but THANKs everyone :) ).
TV

Randy G

Second Unit
Congratulations on all the new business!
I don't know from first-hand experience, but your feedback clearly indicates you're doin' SOMEthing right! Keep up the good work.
Did I read on one of the threads that you'll be upping the wattage on the plate amp for the 25-31PC+ ?? If so, that would be most excellent!

Randy G

Second Unit
Oooops, just saw on the first page of this thread you will indeed be "upgrading" the amp on the PC+ versions.
Regarding any potential fabric options, it sure would be nice to at least offer something in neutral gray or white. Hey, we can hope can't we?

J

John Morris

TV: Since my Ultra uses a 3 port system, does that mean that the port stuffing will work for me too? If so, will it also flatten out the freq response of the Ultra as well? How much do the port plugs cost?

Thanks!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
We have plans to offer several fabric color options in 2002,we already have several colors in inventory...it's just a matter of finding the time to update all the needed web pages and figure out how we want to have all the new options show up eventually.We'll see how it all plays out...myabe spring, might be summer though.

We're still working closely with a possible vendor on the PC+ amp design. The CS+ introduction is cool...but by valentines day...the lights are really going to go out...

TV

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
John,

we're trying our best to design/build them where-as we can send one free of charge to every current CS_U customer.

If we cannot support this,the cost will be very nominal. We won't know much more until after the first of the year though...many of our vendors are closing done for a week+ around xmas!

TV

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>The regular CS/PC lines are regular Vettes.
The plus lines are the Z06.
The Ultra is the Lingenfelter 427.
Where does that leave the SS? Something more than an Ultra, or an Ultra with a fancy paint job?

Randy G

Second Unit
May I assume that the grills are fairly easy to remove and replace so that it isn't too difficult to experiment with the port plug? Things are starting to sound exciting.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>May I assume that the grills are fairly easy to remove and replace so that it isn't too difficult to experiment with the port plug? Things are starting to sound exciting.

Vietor

Stunt Coordinator
I'm almost afraid to ask.

But with something like dual 16-46+'s and 4 port plugs (2 each) and a samson 1000, how low, frequency wise, could you get worthwhile volume levels?

I'm just entertaining the thought of infrasonic warfare. Or something along those lines. . .

Actualy I'm just curious, but oh the fun that could be had. . .

Maximum output be damned, I couldn't run full volume anyway. But if I find that my apartment mates door resonates at 7 Hz or something, will I be able to stimulate it properly? Not that that would be a worthwhile use for a kick ass subwoofer of course. . .

Just some fun on the side.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Very cool....
Can't wait for you to update your site, so I can make the purchase in the color that the wife will like, other then another black speaker. :D
Very cool,
Thanks
Rhett

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>I'm almost afraid to ask.
But with something like dual 16-46+'s and 4 port plugs (2 each) and a samson 1000, how low, frequency wise, could you get worthwhile volume levels?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Very cool....
Can't wait for you to update your site, so I can make the purchase in the color that the wife will like, other then another black speaker.
Very cool,
Thanks
Rhett

Randy G

Second Unit
Tom,
Are you already offering the new colors?
I didn't see any on your website. I think a practical selection of colors would be:
Black
White
Neutral Gray(my favorite)
Beige
Brown
Green

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks