What's new

New Rotel Receiver - Model 1055 (1 Viewer)

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Who gives a toss about Outlaw (especially for those of us outside Nth America)? They can't even deliver on their current products.

The Rotel 1055 looks like ridiculously good value at this stage - especially if it is available in silver.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Craig_Kg,
I allways skip the Outlaw threds, but I do know what you are talking about. I wish they were sold in stores. (with the good prices) However, look at SVS. They sell lots of stuff, and I never see a thread like "SVS not shipping.":angry:

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Bad news for non-Nth American HT'ers :frowning:. Rotel is geared primarily for the US market (big surprise) and it hasn't been determined yet, if the 1055 will be available for other markets (according to our distributor).

Daniel Lindgren

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's coming to Sweden in August, priced around USD2200. Don't know if it will be available in silver.

Got the timeframe and price from the swedish distributor.

/dali

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
the more I think about it the more I am sure that the price quote of $1300 is a misunderstanding and should rather be $2300. Considering that the bigger brother 1065 costs around $3000 list and has only a bit more power as a difference. Daniels report of a price of $2200 in Sweden would fit to this assessment. $1300 would be ridiculously low. But lets wait and see.

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
Hartwig,
Am I missing something?
According to the US Retail Price list on Rotel's web site, the RSX-1065 is $1999 USD. The RSX-972, the previous "little brother" to the RSX 1065 was $1300 USD. Assuming the RSX-1055 is the replacement for the RSX-972, the $1300 price point seems about right.
Rotel Retail Price List

Daniel Lindgren

Stunt Coordinator
HowardGjr & Hartwig,
USD1300 for the new RSX 1055 could very well be correct. The price I quoted was of course the swedish price, which normally is higher than the US price. To compare, the Rotel RSP 1066 is priced around $1800 here in Sweden and $1499 in the US. The RSX 1065 is around $3000 in Sweden, $1999 in the US.
I don't know why the price gap is so big with the RSX 1065 ($1000 is a lot), but that's the way it is. Anyway, since my new RSP 1066 is on the way, I can live with the RSX 1065 being somewhat overpriced in Sweden ... :)

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
Oops, I didn´t know that the 1066 retails at 1999$ in the US. I just extrapolated from the 3000 Euro it costs here in Germany. I am sorry, my mistake, should have checked better.

On the other hand it is hard to believe that the 1055 receiver, that seems to contain ALL functions of the 1066 prepro, should cost less! I mean, who is going to buy it then?

Bobbi D

Agent
Just placed a deposit on a 1055 this morning. The black one's are shipping this week and the silver one's are shipping in August. I should have mine by the end of next week. I understand the ring around the volume control will be red on the black units and blue on the silver.:D
They say the amps are stronger and better defined than the amps on the old 972. This should be a great buy. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack_Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone confirm that the features / processing on the 1055 are the same as the 1066? I looked at the manuals, and the two appear to do the same things...although the 1055 does not appear to be software upgradeable. At least, there's no port for it that I could see in the .pdf file.

Aside from that, has anyone spotted any differences?

Thanks!

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
Jack,

If you look closely on the back of the RSX-1055 there is a software upgrade port above the digital inputs and below the AM Loop connection. The port looks like its covered by a plate with two screws.

I haven't compared the RSP-1066 with the RSX-1055 feature by feature yet so I can't answer your first question.

Take care.
Howard

Jack_Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Howard:

I stand corrected! I was looking for it in the wrong spot.

OK...now I've got to do some more research on the feature sets of the two...

Good catch!

Jack

jack x

Stunt Coordinator
Bobbi D:
What part of the US are you in? I am wondering if availability is faster/sooner on the east coast - since Rotel America is in Mass?
Can you share your expected purchase price? if not, i understand.
Lastly, did the dealer have a 1055 for you to demo or have you heard the 972 or 1065?
THANKS!
Jack;)

Bobbi D

Agent
Jack,
I'm in Seattle (so 'bout as west coast as you can get). The dealer has four units on order with a list price of $1,300. None have been delivered yet, so they only have the RSX-1065, RSX-972 and the RSP-1066 on display.
I'm paying list price, but with it being this new I didn't expect a discount. They haven't even marked down the 972 yet! I really liked the way the 1066 looked in silver, but there is no way I can wait 'til August to take it home. Upgraditis just won't allow it.
I'm supposed to get the first one that comes into the store, so I'm guessing mine will be the first 1055 I get to hear. But that's okay. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks