What's new

New HT in Sun City, Ca (2 Viewers)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Really enjoying my recent install of a 3 lens turret so I can leave my 3D lens in the projector. It made setting up for Friday the 13th 3D much, much easier last night. No more tweaking, aligning and re-focusing the lens every time I get the urge to screen 3D film.

IMG-6346.JPG
IMG-6347.JPG

Angal Faria

Agent
Real Name
Angal Faria
Great idea guys, I love your thought. It's really looking so good and must be enchanted to see this.
Thanks for sharing some good pics with your input.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Popcorn is my favorite movie snack but if I'm really hungry, I'm all into hotdogs. After years of searching I finally found the hotdog cooker that makes the absolute BEST dogs. It's the Glenray machine that uses two heat lamps instead of water steam to cook the dogs. No joke folks, if you want to cook hotdogs for your movie parties, this is the machine to have. I found it on the Facebook Marketplace and drove 60 miles to pick it up. They're going for $400 on Ebay but I got this one for $150. Works perfectly!!! Now I can list my hotdog steamer machine on Ebay and turn it into $$$.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Popcorn is my favorite movie snack item but if I'm really hungry I'll all about hotdogs. I've been using my Star Hotdog Steamer for years but yesterday I finally found the perfect machine. After years of searching I found a GlenRay machine that uses two quartz heat lamps instead of water steam to cook the dogs. If you want to impress your movie night guests, find yourself a GlenRay machine. This one was on Face Book Marketplace and I drove 60 miles yesterday to pick it up. These babies are selling for $500 plus on Ebay but I paid $150 for this one!! Works perfectly! Now I can list my steamer on Ebay and pocket some $$.

glenray.jpg

Last edited:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Tonight we fired up the newly acquired hot dog cooker (see post above). It was just like I remembered back in the owning and managing movie theatre days. 35-40 minutes under the heating elements, buns being steamed in the overhead "bun" compartment, add chili, onions, slaw, yellow mustard and we had some really yummy chili dogs!! I'm full and happy.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I think the 3.0 Perspecta is the optional track. Also - you can only access it on the widescreen version.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Big weekend in our home theatre. The daughter and her hubby flew in for a few days and wanted to watch movies.
We screened:
Vertical Limit....35mm DTS/SDDS
Jurassic Park...35mm DTS
Jurassic Park: The Lost World....35mm DTS
The Perfect Storm....35mm DTS/SDDS
Paranormal Activity....35mm DTS/SDDS
Lots of popcorn and adult beverages!!

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Big weekend in our home theatre. The daughter and her hubby flew in for a few days and wanted to watch movies.
We screened:
Vertical Limit....35mm DTS/SDDS
Jurassic Park...35mm DTS
Jurassic Park: The Lost World....35mm DTS
The Perfect Storm....35mm DTS/SDDS
Paranormal Activity....35mm DTS/SDDS
Lots of popcorn and adult beverages!!
No F13 Part III?;)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
If you've got that kind of money to spend on a 1m cable, you're obscenely rich.

I don't purchase the typical HT gear but reading through the post over the years I'm blown away what people pay for things like wire, cables, connectors, etc, etc. Prices on some amps seem completely insane to me. I purchase commercial pro cinema amps (all used) that operate perfectly and don't pay anywhere close to the cost of new HT amps/receivers. The most I've paid for a QSC DCA 4 channel amp was $225.00. You couldn't buy the box a new MCIntosh amp comes in for that price!!! The prices are just nuts.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
jp3.jpg
Darn!!! I'm having a tough time locating a 35mm print of Jurassic Park III. The first two were not that hard to find but this one is a problem.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. #3 is the last one printed on film before the digital world took over.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Last night we screened Man of A Thousand Faces. I highly recommend this BD. Other than dye transfer (IB Technicolor) there's nothing that looks better on the big screen than CinemaScope, b&w.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks