What's new

New HT in Sun City, Ca (1 Viewer)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
With the help of Home Depot 1 inch wood stock, my homemade EQ mike stands. Had to get the mikes at least the same height of a persons head sitting in the theatre seats. These stands put the mikes a few inches higher.

IMG-5978.JPG

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Latest addition to my film library. The companion film to my 1993 Jurassic Park print View attachment 54342 . And just like Jurassic Park, the only digital track on this film is DTS, although there is a Dolby SR analog track available. No Dolby Digital and no SDDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
PERSONAL RANT..........

We rarely go to a commercial theatre to watch movies. Newer movies we want to see we simply wait for the BD and screen it in our home theatre.
When the new Halloween movie came out last October we decided to check it out at an AMC theatre. The auditorium we were in was having sound issues so we were issued free passes for another movie at a time of our choosing. The passes expired at the end of this month so this afternoon we decided to go watch Bumblebee at another AMC theatre.
Showtime was advertised at 2pm. We stopped at the concession stand to get our popcorn, drink and a small box of M&M peanuts. So a regular popcorn and regular drink plus candy was $19,29. We entered the auditorium at exactly 1:50pm and the pre-show was already running. The feature actually began at 2:27PM. We watched 37 minutes of commercials and movie trailers. The worst part was the commercials.......everything from GEICO Insurance to Mucinex. Uggggggg.
The movie was ok but nothing special.
Oh, did I mention the popcorn was absolute CRAP. Zero flavor.
Oh well, admission was free.

RANT OVER.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
PERSONAL RANT..........

We rarely go to a commercial theatre to watch movies. Newer movies we want to see we simply wait for the BD and screen it in our home theatre.
When the new Halloween movie came out last October we decided to check it out at an AMC theatre. The auditorium we were in was having sound issues so we were issued free passes for another movie at a time of our choosing. The passes expired at the end of this month so this afternoon we decided to go watch Bumblebee at another AMC theatre.
Showtime was advertised at 2pm. We stopped at the concession stand to get our popcorn, drink and a small box of M&M peanuts. So a regular popcorn and regular drink plus candy was $19,29. We entered the auditorium at exactly 1:50pm and the pre-show was already running. The feature actually began at 2:27PM. We watched 37 minutes of commercials and movie trailers. The worst part was the commercials.......everything from GEICO Insurance to Mucinex. Uggggggg.
The movie was ok but nothing special.
Oh, did I mention the popcorn was absolute CRAP. Zero flavor.
Oh well, admission was free.

RANT OVER.

Actually, you had already paid for the movie, Don. :popcorn:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Never heard of that one, looks interesting.

Re: AMC rant. I hate that they run 6 - 8 trailers after that awful preshow stuff. If I'm lucky I can remember one title out of the bunch. That and the exit lights shining on the screen, and the aisle lights shining up on the screen, and the exit light directly under the screen (at one AMC location near me), and the mis-calibrated color in two of that location's auditoriums, and the lackluster sound, and the no masking for scope. And the..., oh forget it. :)

Last edited:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Never hard of that one, looks interesting.

Re: AMC rant. I hate that they run 6 - 8 trailers after that awful preshow stuff. If I'm lucky I can remember one title out of the bunch. That and the exit lights shining on the screen, and the aisle lights shining up on the screen, and the exit light directly under the screen (at one AMC location near me), and the mis-calibrated color in two of that location's auditoriums, and the lackluster sound, and the no masking for scope. And the..., oh forget it. :)

I feel your pain Peter. I posted a rant not long ago on this Forum regarding the exact same thing. The movie experience isn't what it use to be. That's why we haven't been to a commercial theatre but a few times in the past 10 years.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I used to go often - even when I was working in one. Now, it's a handful of times at most. Painful show of "Stan & Ollie" last week at the Bow Tie Cinemas Clairidge (a multi-screen abomination of New Jersey's only Cinerama location) - tiny screen (14 feet wide judging by the ceiling tiles), letterboxed scope image on a flat screen with no masking, uncomfortable seats, orange (!!!) aisle lights that obliterated any black on the screen, and indifferent sound. All that for the bargain matinee price of $11.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I used to go often - even when I was working in one. Now, it's a handful of times at most. Painful show of "Stan & Ollie" last week at the Bow Tie Cinemas Clairidge (a multi-screen abomination of New Jersey's only Cinerama location) - tiny screen (14 feet wide judging by the ceiling tiles), letterboxed scope image on a flat screen with no masking, uncomfortable seats, orange (!!!) aisle lights that obliterated any black on the screen, and indifferent sound. All that for the bargain matinee price of $11.

LOL doesn't sound like "Bow Tie" is the proper name for that theatre!! Might make a good dollar cinema......hee hee.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
After going through several boxes I realized over the years my collection of "special viewing" glasses has gotten out of hand.
The picture shows Dolby 3D, Panavision 3D, Real 3D, linear 3D and Friday the 13th Part 3 3D glasses. Also pictured is an original "The Mask" and "13 Ghosts" hand-held viewing instruments. Truth is the only two I use these days are the Dolby 3D and 13 Ghost viewers.

IMG-6127.JPG

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
One more audio upgrade to my HT and I'm THROUGH!!
I'm replacing the DTS6 processor with the newer model DTS XD10. This unit allows me to use the DTS disc only once and the audio track is stored in the memory so next time I screen that title, the XD10 will find the title in it's memory and it's ready to go.....no more having to insert the discs in the readers. How cool is that?

DTS-XD-10-35-or-70mm-Stereo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks