What's new

Directors Name That Movie - A Contest (#4) (1 Viewer)

Evan Case

Screenwriter
K. This one is a bit more difficult.

After some careful deduction, I have managed to eliminate a sizable section of modern cinema--the animated Peanuts cartoons. After that, though, I'm not as sure.

Evan

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Correct Answer To The Playoff (Image 5) is.... [/c]

[c] [/c]

[c]Correct Answers Came From:

John Thomas
Brook K
James_Kiang
Edwin-S
**Bill McA
[/c]

Yes, we have a winner......

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Overall Winner of The Name That Movie Contest (#4) is..... [/c]

[c]***Bill McA*** [/c]

Congratulations to Bill. Evan put up a great fight, as did several others. Considering all the images that have been shown, I must say I was a little surprised it wound up being so close (going to Sudden Death after 12 Brackets)!

I will continue to post a few Bonus shots just for fun, until I run out!

:)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Bad joke time...

What's long, hard, full of seamen, and has been described by Larry King as "gripping from beginning to end"? :D

U-571, of course.

Brad

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Correct Answer To Bonus Image 2 is... [/c]

[c] [/c]

[c]Correct Answers Came From:

Brian Lawrence
Elizabeth S
John Thomas
Evan Case
Bill McA
Ric Bagoly
Chris Moe[/c]

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Ok guys, I have really enjoyed running this contest, but all good things must end!

I will be going on vacation Tuesday morning, so chances are that this will be the last image.

Thanks to everyone who participated. There were definitely some die hards who seemed to participate from the beginning all the way through. Others just dropped in once in a while to say hi. Others did their best concentrating on just one Bracket, such as Walter Kittel, who won the only bracket he participated in!

Others participated but didn't always do so well in getting the correct answers, but were very good in giving funny answers, which helped keep things entertaining!

I hope you all enjoyed not only the contest, but found some of the images to at least be somewhat interesting. That's really what this contest was about (to me anyway).

I enjoyed the ride. Who knows, I may do it again someday (but probably not until at least next year).

:)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the running this contest Rob. I'm sure it took up a lot of your time. Even though I participated sparingly, it was always fun to check in and see what was up with the contest. There were some excellent captures, and some films I definitely need to see, or revisit were brought to my attention. Once again, great work on the contest.

Cheers,
Walter.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Walter!

The fact that there have been nearly 15,000 hits to this thread indicates that plenty of people would check in to see the image without necessarily submitting an answer or otherwise actively participating in the contest! That's great that people could still get enjoyment from the contest that way as well.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Thank you Rob! :) Enjoyed checking in to see the images, and the thrill for the few I could guess!

Have a nice vacation!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
This contest was fundamentally flawed, since I was never able to win a bracket. :p) It did manage to confirm something that we all already know - Bill McA is a cyborg sent from the future to win screenshot naming contests. :D

Thanks for running this contest, Rob. You should be given some kind of reward for running it. "Oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." :)

Brad

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for the contest, Rob.

How's the HT coming?

You never write anymore.

Where's the love?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks