What's new

Directors Name That Movie - A Contest (#4) (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Great contest, Rob :emoji_thumbsup:

Amazingly, your contest was the first & only screenshot contest to include shots from Kubrick films :cool:

You're a-ok in my book! :D

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the kind words. Like I said, I really enjoyed it.

This comment from Elizabeth is exactly what I went through when John Rice ran the first contest:

Thanks for running this contest, Rob. You should be given some kind of reward for running it. "Oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."
When I mentioned people making funny/amusing responses, Brad Porter came up with some of the best. Too bad many of them could not be repeated on the open forum! :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Well Bill, as you love to point out, I'm not a big fan of Kubrick. Before anyone jumps on me, it's hardly like I dislike the guys work. Besides, for whatever reason my capture software doesn't let me get stills from most Warner titles, so I'm pretty much screwed where Kubrick is concerned, anyway.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oh yeah, Rob. I turned on Antiques Roadshow this weekend, which I virtually never do. It was in London. The item that caught my eye was this huge, early 20th century aeronautic wrist watch this guy had. The dealer was explaining that it was worn outside the cuff of leather flying jackets, and was worth a couple thousand pounds.

Then......

He mentioned a repair receipt the guy had for it dated early in the century, in the '20s if my history is correct. The receipt was written out to a certain T.E. Shaw. I about fell out of my chair. The guy had no idea who that was. In fact, when the dealer told him, he said he thought the guy was a fictional character.

:laugh:

Of course, I thought of you.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Correct Answer To Bonus Image 3 is...[/c]

[c] [/c]

[c]Correct Answers Came From:

Evan Case
Brian Lawrence
Bruce Hedtke
Brook K
Dome Vongvises
Bill McA
[/c]

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]And I leave you, my friends, with this:[/c]

[c] [/c]

No, there is no need to submit an answer. This is intentional, since I don't want to lose respect for anyone who may actually fail to get this one right!

:wink:

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks