What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Directors Name That Movie - A Contest (#4) (1 Viewer)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Winner of Bracket 12 with 25 Points is.... [/c]

[c]***Evan Case***[/c]

And with this victory in the final Bracket, Evan forces a Sudden Death playoff with Bill McA for the overall victory!

The first one to answer correctly when the other doesn't will result in the overall win!

I will be at the Samuel Goldwyn Academy Theater tonight to watch The Godfather, so the next shot will be up until tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

As usual, everyone is encouraged to submit an answer in the playoff shots.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
A reminder to Bill and Evan...even if you don't think you know it, please submit an answer so I can post the next image.

Dome...sorry bud, wrong answer. :p)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
[c]The Correct Answer To Round 12 Playoff (Image 1) is... [/c]

[c] [/c]

There were no correct answers.

See it people! :)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
I HAVE seen Red Rock West, and sorry Rob, but it's pretty bad...:) (And this is coming from a MAJOR Hopper Fan, though in this he had absolutely NO help from the script)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
That makes two of us! Which is why I prefer running these contests vs. playing them!
It's so weird, because ever since I've been checking out these screenshot games, I'll be watching a DVD and think -- "Hey--that would be a great screenshot"! If I knew how to capture the shots and upload and post them, I wouldn't mind running a game, too. (Of course, I have somewhat "obscure" tastes.) ;)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of which, is anyone going to step up to the plate and offer to run another Name That Movie Contest?

We need something other than these "Draft" tournaments!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Elizabeth, if you have a computer with a DVD drive, doing captures is pretty simple. You just need one of the DVD players that allows captures. WinDVD seems to be a popular one. If you don't have a DVD drive, you can add one. They're not too expensive these days. If you're on a Mac, you have fewer choices. YADE for OS9 and there is another one for OSX, but I forget what it is. I run a Mac myself.

Then you need some web hosting space. Many ISPs offer free web space with you internet service. You just have to call them up to get it set up. Then you need an FTP program to transfer the pics to your web space. There are many free ones for Windows and I use Transmit on my Mac. It's a great and extremely simple program to use.

Then you just need a program to size and compress your images. Photoshop is best, but there are many cheaper ones. It is best to find one that has a "Save for Web" type feature, which helps in getting the file size as small as possible.

Rob, when I did my contest, I figured 30 images was plenty and I was glad when it was over. I never imagined others would do them with so many images.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The Correct Answer To The Playoff (Image 2) is....Yes, The Greatest Movie Ever Made (again):

[c] [/c]

[c]Correct Answers Came From:

Rain
Brian Lawrence
*Evan Case
Iain Jackson
Gabe D
Dome Vongvises
Brook K
Andrew_Sch
*Bill McA [/c]

Bill and Evan remain tied.

I previously indicated that I would have some "Bonus" shots. Well, since we are now in sudden death, please consider these images to be the Bonus shots, as I am quickly running out of images!

I would have been disappointed if either Bill or Evan missed this last shot! I figured if one of them didn't get it, they didn't deserve to win my contest!

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks