What's new

Amazon Prime Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2024) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I didn’t watch the 2005 movie, so I have nothing to compare to. But this is odd. I’ve watched the first two episodes and I’m not sure I’ll continue. It’s intensely awkward: the story is grounded on the discomfit of two people who don’t know each other and are both now married and colleagues in a job they know nothing about. It’s quiet, slow, uneasy. There are big moments of violent action in the latter half of the episode, but they start and end quietly.

I’m intrigued by shows that try new things. I wonder where it goes and how it will get there. I kinda want to find out. But also, I’m not into it, and might not watch any more.

A strange couple, Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Last edited:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I have been very slowly working my way through this series and am enjoying the awkwardness of the couple. (I am viewing this with a friend of mine, so it will be a while before I finish season one.) It has an 'odd couple' vibe that I find entertaining. I like the casting of the leads and am intrigued if they will eventually find themselves in the situation that opens the first episode. I am on board for the season.

- Walter.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I was intrigued after the first episode… I like a story that has romantic tension - like in Moonlighting - and a meeting of opposites… but then the romantic tension was diffused by the 2nd episode without any meaningful reason.

And some of the comedy was cringeworthy.

So I stopped watching.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
In the Pitt/Jolie movie, as I recall they fell in love and were married several years before either knew about the other's "job".

Sounds like they're reversing that for the new show. Phoebe Waller-Bridge was originally going to be Mrs. Smith in this show.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks