What's new

Movies that you hope they make. (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

YES, YES, YES!!!! One of my all time favorite novels (Frost was co-creator of Twin Peaks). This would make an awesome movie.

I've seen Del Toro's name attached to the project but does he actually own the rights?

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Actually, I would really like to see a biopic of the life of Marvin Gaye. Pretty great story, with the dichotomy of his amazing musical career and his own destructive behavior fueling it (drugs, womanizing, family objections). But biopics for the most part are really, really tough. At least the music would be fantastic :D

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator
I would really enjoy seeing Caleb Carr's The Alienist and Angel of Darkness adapted to film. Also, a book I read recently that could make a very funny film was Tricky Business, the latest from Dave Barry (author of Big Trouble).

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I agree, a film version of Tom Clancy's Cardinal of the Kremlin would be worth seeing. In addition, I wouldn't mind a film version of Red Storm Rising as well. (I even tried my hand at doing a screenplay adaptation of Red Storm Rising and got about 100 pages into it before I burned out. Too many coals in the fire at the time, but my script stayed true to the original novel, somewhere between a faithful and a literal adaptation.)

And also a full-length feature version of Batman: Dead End further fleshing out the conflict between Batman, the Aliens, and the Predators. Eight minutes wasn't enough time, and it left me wondering who won the fight. Let's get a full-length version of this film out there! :)

Other films I would love to see made:

- a new Superman film written and produced by Al Gough and Miles Millar with the Smallville cast
- a Deep Space Nine feature film
- a Clone Wars anime-style feature film after the end of the Cartoon Network micro-series

And, of course, Peter Jackson doing The Hobbit - 'nuff said! :D

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor

Oh my stars and garters, how could I forget to mention that in my list? Deep Space 9 is still the best of the modern Star Trek shows in my opinion.

Jonathan L

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely Cardinal and Red Storm...and I would kill for a faithful Rainbow Six film.

Also I'd love to see David Brin's Startide Rising made...hopefully it would be successful enough to get more of the Uplift books on the screen.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I'm really surprised Alienist has never made it to the screen. I know Carr has worked on the script and at one time was trying to direct it. I believe Paramount had the rights and if they aren't going to do anything with it I wish they would sell them to someone who will. Would make a fantastic film.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Well, I don't know what's happening with Good Omens right now, but I sure hope that gets made someday (by Gilliam). Any Gaiman adaptations would be welcome, actually.

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator

Absolutely! I think the team that made the Final Fantasy movie could do wonders with this story.

I would also like to see "The Alienist" with Anthony Hopkins and John Cusack starring.

If Terry Gilliam's "Brother's Grimm" movie does well, perhaps he can then do "Good Omens". I'm sure he could get Johnny Depp to play Crowley.

I also think we need more adaptations of Chuck Palahniuk books, and that David Fincher should do all of them.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
I would love to see a big-budget 3 film trilogy of Marvel comics original "Secret Wars" series (I think 12 issues in all)...and have James Cameron direct it. :D

-Dennis

I'd like to see a movie based on the Hyperion series by Dan Simmons or theSong of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin (when its done of course).

I think movies based on the Mars books by Kim Stanley Robinson would be a bad idea since it was torture getting through reading them.

DanMarquardt

Agent
michael: I read a few months ago that Simmons actually did a script for a series of two hyperion/endimon movies. he compressed the whole thing into two movies by making some pretty big changes...

but I'd rather have him do it than some other writer.

who knows if it'll ever get made though.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I remember hearing a while ago that Invisible Monsters is close to filming. They would really need to change the structure of the story though for it to work - the multiple surprises in the book wouldn't work quite so well if you can actually see the characters.

Survivor was apparently going to be filmed, but 9/11 killed that. Suddenly not much appeal in a film about a hijacked plane being flown until it crashes.

Burke Strickland

Second Unit

What's with this "a Spielberg" and "a Cameron"? Are those names generic categories now? I thought we only had one-each currently working as movie directors who are well enough known for a particular style or body of work to be called by their last name only. (Well, maybe we shouldn't overlook Mairi Cameron or Ken Cameron, and maybe Mitchell Spielberg will move up from second unit directing.) :>)

There may be no need for either Spielberg or Cameron to helm "a project" :>) like "9/11", but it would be interesting to see what either of them would do with Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End". Come to think of it, after watching his last three films, I think Peter Jackson could do a fine job with that story, too.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be interested in seeing A Deepness In The Sky by Vernor Vinge, although I suspect it's too dense to be manageable in the form of a single movie. A Fire Upon The Deep is also a good book, but I'm not sure there's a good movie there.

I haven't read any of the "Ender's Shadow" books, but I don't tend to think any of the three "proper" sequels to Ender's Game would make a good movie.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
It seems Aronofskys The Fountain may be back on track.

Before the Goldren Globes Ellen Burstyn made a comment about it being her next project :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks