What's new

Movies that you hope they make. (1 Viewer)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy :)

In regards to Stephen King, my vote would be for Insomnia...

And also in regards to the Star Wars sequels, i.e. parts 7, 8, and 9; I've heard that Peter Mayhew's contract for Episode 3 contains the unusual stipulation that he would be needed for 7, 8, and 9. Make of this what you will...

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Now a Hitchhiker's Guide film series would be good. Of course, they'd have to go along with Douglas Adams' joke and call all five films a "trilogy". :D

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
I'd love to see some of Piers Anthony's Apprentice Adept series make it to the big screen; the combo of the sci-fi and fantasy worlds would be very cool to see realized.

Also, By Reason of Insanity by Shane Stevens would be awesome to see on the big screen, but I'm not sure that even a 3-hour flick could do it justice. For those who haven't read this, it's the grandaddy of all serial killer books - highly recommended reading.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Isn't someone working on a HHGTTG film over in England?

And Rick, I would love a Sword of Shanarra movie. While it does have its own twists on the genre, you have to admit it has elements that are highly derivative of LotR, and I'm sure those derivative elements would seem all the more apparent on film than on the printed page. Of course, filmmakers could avoid that by visually emphasizing the post-post-apocalypse angle, but who's to say movie executives would be smart enough to do that?

Which is too bad. I would also like to see a Belgariad movie made. Ah well.

RobLJ

Stunt Coordinator
Transformers!!!
I'd like to see more Crow movies with bigger name actors.
Micheal Chriton movies that are more true to the books (ie. the Watcher, The Andromeda Strain)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd love to see bio-epic made on the life of Henry Earl. :D

On a more serious note...

I think a 9/11 movie would only work if it was done as a semi-documentary film... but it'll probably be made sometime in the 2060's. It's too early for a movie.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor

I can imagine if Anthony's more serious works become popular adaptations to film one day (which I hope -- man I'd like to see Incarnations of Immortality brought to life!), then I'd also hope that the Xanth series could be made. That'd be tricky, because of all the sexual overtones in the series. Actually, that's pretty much Anthony's modus operandi (if you doubt me, try reading his first books, Chthon and Phthor...YIKES!), but the first few books in the series have some really wonderful moments I'd love to see on film.
And if Xanth could be filmed...how about a faithful adaptation of his standalone "horror" novel, Firefly? Hooooboy, no way in hell! :)

Tomas Noung

Auditioning
As a fan of historical and religious films, here are my choices:

a) Buddha
b) The Prophet Muhammad
c) George Washington
d) The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake
e) Osama bin-Laden and his Al Qaeda network
f) Confucius
g) A movie based on the ideas behind Machavelli's "The Prince"

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I'd like to see James Ellroy's "The Black Dahlia" made by David Fincher, with production design by Arthur Max (like all of Fincher's films). Now I hear Brian DePalma is making it starring Josh Hartnett and Mark Wahlberg, which sounds so wrong!

This film is being made with Jamie Foxx in the lead role.

I'd like to see a follow-up to Nightbreed - if only to wrap up the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks