What's new

No audio DTS HD MA with SONY UPB (1 Viewer)

ichabodcrane1799

Auditioning
Real Name
Luca
Good morning. Sorry for my English. I have a video audio set composed as follows: panasonic oled hz 1000, samsung q950t soundbar and sony ubp-x800m2 4k player. The three devices are connected as follows: soundbar --- TV to HDMI EARC; 4k player---soundbar to hdmi. The problem is the following and it only occurs on one disc (the 4kult edition of "the conformist" which has the track in DTS HD MA). No sound is output, although the info display shows DTS HD MA as the output. I solve the problem if in the blu ray settings I go to the "digital audio output" item and set PCM instead of bitstream. Once this is done, the audio reappears and in the info display, obviously, pcm 2.0 (instead of DTS) is output.
How come just for this movie, I have this bug and can't play the DTS HD MA track?
Let me start by saying that with the same setting (bitstream), I have hundreds of blu rays with DTS HD MA audio and I have no problems. I tried again yesterday about twenty blu rays with the same audio codec and the problem does not appear. With "the conformist" blu ray (both with the 4k disc and with the blu ray disc) I am forced to change the setting to PCM instead of bitstream otherwise I won't make any sound. I hope I was clear.
Thank you

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I’m guessing the disc is using a type of DTS-MA that your soundbar doesn’t support. Maybe 96kHz instead of the more common 48kHz? But since the soundtrack is only DTS-MA 2.0 anyway, switching to PCM gives you the same result so it really doesn’t matter.

ichabodcrane1799

Auditioning
Real Name
Luca
I’m guessing the disc is using a type of DTS-MA that your soundbar doesn’t support. Maybe 96kHz instead of the more common 48kHz? But since the soundtrack is only DTS-MA 2.0 anyway, switching to PCM gives you the same result so it really doesn’t matter.
First of all thanks for your answer. Anyway no. The audio track is DTS HD Master Audio 48 kHz. I attach a photo of the display where the input audio track is indicated. Ok, "I can solve it" with pcm, but I don't understand why only with this disc I'm forced to do this and not be able to hear the audio in dts

Attachments

• IMG_20231022_175556.jpg
    IMG_20231022_175556.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks