What's new

The most disappointing films you have ever watched in a theater. (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I am looking at all of the hoopla for the Showgirls release and this is a film that was lengthy, unerotic and a total mess. My screening was set up with the Chief Of Police and the Mayor as well as my friend, who ran the theater a week in advance to actually see if the Mayor and Police Chief would allow the NC-17 film to play in the town Of Hickory NC. Noon rolled around and both of them never showed up. We ran the film ourselves and the film was actually shown with little protest or fanfare and silently bombed.
And eventually became one of the most entertaining cult films of all time. I love it. ;)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
The English Patient. After reading the reviews, we were expecting great things but it was kinda dull with no heart.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
"Top Dog" by Chuck and Aaron Norris. Went to a free screening and still felt ripped off.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
While it has grown on me, at the time Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me was a huge disappointment.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think that shirt was legitimately licensed and the company just screwed up the name. It was the early days of LFL's licensing so there probably wasn't much in the way of a department to catch errors like that.

You could be right! I know Lucas was slow to get toys to market and figured the rest of the merch took some time to reach shelves so bootleggers filled that hole with T-shirts.

It was easy for opportunistic merchandisers to churn out bootleg "Star Wars" shirts but obviously toys needed more time to produce.

Of course, it's possible there was a legit "Vadar" shirt and I still had a bootleg! :D

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I was 19 when E.T. came out. I think it was my father, my sister, brother and I went. I was disappointed- film wasn’t to my taste. I admit I didn’t have much knowledge or appreciation for films at that age, so years later, I either rented or borrowed the DVD, to give the film another chance. My second viewing confirmed the film isn’t to my taste.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Spider-Man 3
Unbelievably disappointing follow up to the wonderful second film in the series. This was so bad I think I erased it from my memory, and I'm pretty sure that is a good thing. Hideous film with absolutely no redeeming quality.

I don't like Spider-Man 3, but it is worth noting that No Way Home made good use of it.

Sandman gives everyone else the information that both Norman and Ock die. He was the only one who could do that because he is the only one to come through from the Raimi-verse after their deaths. That piece of information is critical because it motivates Holland's Peter throughout the entire rest of the film as he attempts to save everyone. So there is a redeeming quality, 14 years later via another connected film.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
I think that shirt was legitimately licensed and the company just screwed up the name. It was the early days of LFL's licensing so there probably wasn't much in the way of a department to catch errors like that.
For years and years, my Uncle would call the character: Darth NADER as in the car safety/politician guy, Ralph!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks