What's new

Did The Film Deliver What The Trailer Promised? (1 Viewer)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I always felt that the teaser for The Exorcist was simple, to the point (remember the narration? "the one hope, the only hope...") and thoroughly chilling. And for me the film was terrifying.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
One of my favorite films remains Romeo Is Bleeding from 1994. A friend who was managing the theater asked me to go in and look at this trailer because he didn't know what kind of film this was for. It was hard to tell by watching it and it was obvious that MGM didn't know how to market the film. It never did come to his theater and in this trailer's case, it was hit or miss for the viewer of the trailer.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Two I've seen very much lived up to their trailers (although I didn't see the trailers in theaters, but rather on DVD/Blu and online):

--The China Syndrome:

--The In Between:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Decades ago I learned that movies rarely live up to the promise of a trailer and trailers frequently contain snippets of scenes that are not in the movie. I use a trailer for nothing more than getting the general premise of the movie as you can't trust the rest.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Well, I saw two different trailers for Tenet, and they looked like two totally different films, and when I saw the actual film, it really was a mix of both, and more films, so I guess it, or they, the trailers, did deliver, in a confusing way ;)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Unique trailer for a film I liked was Brian De Palmas Femme Fatale, which plays the entire film in super fast motion and I think, backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks