What's new

Movies that you hope they make. (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Steven Millhauser's Martin Dressler: Tale of an American Dreamer
Alan Lightman's Einstein's Dreams (already adapted into a stage play)

Albert Camus' The Stranger (already filmed once, as Lo Straniero, in 1967; not a great film)
Albert Camus' The Plague (already filmed once, in 1992; despite a solid cast, not very good)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Stephen R Donaldson's "A Man Rides Through" 2-book series would make a great mini-series. I think they're too long to adapt into movies (each book is 500+ pages) and too much would be lost if they cut a lot.

Court intrigue, sex, magic, and great characters - what more do you need?!? :D

Blade III is being made. Final battle between humans and vampires sort of thing from what I understand.

IMHO 9/11 should be touched movie-wise for at least 10 to 20 years. I think making a movie now would not be the right time and people will look upon it as insensitive since it is still fresh in our heads. If we wait at least 10 to 20 years it will be alittle easier to look back.

Now I would like to see a live action Robotech: Macross saga.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Wes Craven- American McGee's Alice

(It's being penned, but the rumors have been going on forever. I hope this one continues to surface.)

We just may get to see Carroll's twisted nightmare without all the fluffy bi-product.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Wes Craven- American McGee's Alice

(It's being penned, but the rumors have been going on forever. I hope this one continues to surface.)

We just may get to see Carroll's twisted nightmare without all the fluffy bi-product.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely the Dark Tower series by King. Now that the story has finally been finished maybe we will start to see rumours about this being made. And while it is a longer book than LOTR, I think it would be about the same amount of effort to make. It would be awesome if Peter Jackson could direct it also. He would definitely do a movie like that justice, since he has the experience with a movie similar in scope to this already with LOTR.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay is being made. Stephen Daldry is the helmer, which I really don't think is that great. Why not have Curtis Hanson do Chabon again? Wonder Boys was a great adaptation.

As for Peter Jackson, I think that he will do a pretty good job of King Kong, but I never see him doing anything other than horror/fantasy. Even Heavenly Creatures was more of a fantastical fable than a heavy drama.

How about David Fincher doing Farenheit 451? I would pay $10 to see that

Also, I would love to see a Watchmen movie, but the subject material is so dark and horrigying, especially the last chapter, that I wonder how much can be translated into the movie. I have heard Darren Haytar is attached, which is a good start. I think that Demi Moore would be perfect as Silk Spectre, with Steve Buschemi as Rorsarch and maybe Alec Baldwin or Jeff Bridges as Nite Owl?

AaronArmstrong

Stunt Coordinator
even though the series isn't finished I would love to
see something based on G.R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones books.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky

I dunno who I'd pick for Roland.. But Viggo would be pushing it, don't you think? :)

Kurt Russel, maybe? Clint Eastwood would be awesome.. What would be your guys' picks? For all the Tower characters?

They have some interesting picks, here:

http://www.geocities.com/darktowerco...stingcall.html

I don't agree with some, Like Haley Osmont and Leonardo Decaprio.. But there are some good ones..

The Game of Thrones series would also make an excellent trilogy, if done right...

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I could see Hugh Jackman as The Gunslinger. He shows that he has that type of ruggedness by pulling off Wolverine. Eastwood would have been a lock about 10 or 15 years ago.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky

I was thinking the same thing.. He's got the voice, the face.. Just a little TOO over the hill..

Hugh Jackman would be on the other side of the spectrum. In another 10 or 15 years he'd be an apt choice, in my opinion.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Foundation. Although given its structure, it might work better as a mini-series.

How about any of Julian May's books on the Saga of the Pliocene Exiles, or the prequel books? Although mind-powers make for boring cinematic visuals.

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
Neal Stephenson's SnowCrash would be awesome. It's one of the best books I have ever read.

It was rumored that they were filming in Canada a few years ago but I'm not sure what happened.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
  • A movie based on the life and death of John Brown. Yeah, I know this has been the topic of one or two movies in the past, but I would love to see a modern treatment. The trick is to avoid putting anyone on a pedestal; Mr. Brown was no saint. He was a violent religious nut who just happened to be right.
  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. If the movie sells well, there are several ready-to-make sequels already in print.
  • Miller & Varley's The Dark Knight Returns. We've had all these comic book movies and all these Batman movies and no one's thought to make this movie? C'mon, this would be the comic book movie and everyone knows it. What's the hold up?
  • Speaking of comic books, when will the world be ready for a Love and Rockets TV soap opera? :)
  • William Gibson's Neuromancer. We've had enough cyberpunk imitators already, when do we get the original?
  • The Deeds of Paksenarrion
  • Red Mars, Blue Mars, Green Mars
  • Pretty much anything by Isaac Asimov. I still can't figure out why this giant of science fiction has been so thoroughly shunned by Hollywood.
That's all I can think of for now.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I wanna see a movie about the mogul behind the matrix, that turns everyone into micro-serfs "operating" or maintaining klutzy computers, while the real world turns to a garbage heap.

The guy becomes amazingly rich and powerful, but gives it all up, like Sloan, because he wants to raise Rosebushes.

Call it CITIZEN GATES

(repeat of a post I've made before:))

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

If I remember correctly, the "first" Batman movie (what eventually became the Burton/Keaton film) was to be one based on Dark Knight Returns.

And directed by Paul Verhoeven!!!

Can you even freaking imagine? This was 1987, 1988....Clint Eastwood would have been perfect for the role in regards to age and presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks