What's new

Movies that you hope they make. (1 Viewer)

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
The Tripods

I think it would make a excellent trilogy of movies: The White Mountains, The City of Gold and Lead, The Pool of Fire.

I loved them as a child and still read them every now and then. The BBC tv show was decent, but they didnt get to complete the series.

And King's The Dark Tower series would make a awesome series of movies if it was done right.

I would've really loved to have seen George Romero's version of The Stand.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd love to see well-made re-adaptations/remakes of The Man Who Laughs (Novel by Victor Hugo, made in 1928 by Universal with Conrad Veidt and Mary Philbin originally) and The Old Dark House (1932 Universal film).

The latter's tagline could by "Here, have a potato." :D

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I would love to see a film about Martin Luther King. According to IMDB, there have only been a couple of Television movies made. I think it's way over due. I think I heard a couple of years back that Spike Lee wanted to do a MLK film but could not get the support.

I have special interest this. I was born 5 years to the date of the march on Washington. That would be an awesome sight to see recreated on the big screen.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Mort would be wonderful. I didn't think the Cosgrove Hall cartoons were too bad - they just seemed a bit too fast in pace at times.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

I agree - they're crying out for adaptation [incidentally, Shawn, do you know there's a single book prequel (written by John Christopher) to the trilogy? I can't recall the title but when I was (re) buying the trilogy for my kids a year or so ago, the prequel came as a bonus. It's good, but not spectacular. However, it does fill in the details of how the tripods conquered the Earth in the first place].

The first two books were made into BBC TV series in the early to mid-80s, and then the funding was lost for the final part of the trilogy. The first series was good, the second rather indifferent IMHO. I think the special effects would look pretty shabby now.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd like to see film versions of Brian Lumley's "Necroscope" novels. If it's done right, it could be a huge franchise (13 novels). Also, the "Meg" series by Steve Alten.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking the same exact thing. He's the first director that came into my mind.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new movie about professional baseball that was intended more for adults (that doesn't have 9 year olds or dogs pitching in the World Series).

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
The List of Seven by Mark Frost. Guillermo Del Toro has the rights, but no studio has the cajones to make the film.

The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller

A Spenser Movie - based on one of the Robert B Parker books. Some of the episodes of the series were OK, but all of the made for TV movies pretty much sucked. I think the key would be to get a director who understands the source material but keep Parker out of it. The writing for the TV movies has been atrocious, with some huge and horrible changes from the books.

Just a few ideas....

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The Rookie was a Disney movie, but it had a 35-year-old pitching, and he didn't make it to the World Series. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see a true-to-the-era, romantic, reverent, non-CGI account of one of aviation's most colorful eras: the day of the rigid-framed dirigibles, the Zeppelins — climaxed by the 1928 round-the-world flight of the mighty LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin. The dramatic, human core of the film would be the battle between Zeppelin pilot and aviation theorist Dr. Hugo Eckart against Hermann Georring the Nazi regime. I wouldn't put too much emphasis, though, on the most famous Zeppelin of them all, the LZ-129 Hindenburg (which is remembered for all the wrong reasons), but she would figure in the narrative out of necessity.

What a film that would make.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I also hope they remake Fahrenheit 451 and The Fountainhead. The previous attempts were decent, but it would be very interesting to see new adaptations.

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
I've always thought Tom Clancy's Cardinal of the Kremlin (my favorite Clancy book, I've read it 4 times) would make a good dramatic flick.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't mind seeing a closer adaptation of the Forrest Gump novel. It probably wouldn't win any Oscars, but I would love to see dramatized that sequence of Forrest getting sent up into space with a female astronaut and a gorilla, only for the gorilla to go crazy and starting pissing all over the cabin in zero G, and then crash-landing in New Guinea where they're taken hostage by a Yale-educated cannibal who teaches Forrest how to be a chess champion... :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Dennis,
Oliver Stone tried for years to get the financing to get KING made and couldnt.

-Watchmen Trilogy
-Conan (a faithful adaption to the REH stories)
-Iron Man
-Grendel
-The Fountain (I agree,would have been a great one)
-One where Anna Paquin will be required to take off her clothes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks