What's new

Movies that you hope they make. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
My first one is "Rendevous with Rama". Greatest book series I ever read, would be unreal in film.

CSI the movie. I love the series and I think a 2 hour long case would be awsome!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Super Mario Bros. - Not a sequel, but a "remake." A CGI one would be best, but a live-action version would work too. Koopa would be a fire-breathing dragon, not a human or whatever he was in the '93 version, which I didn't see. I know, I know, I shouldn't judge a film before I see it, but if they couldn't do Koopa right, then I don't have much desire to see it.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Seven of Nine and Kes together ... Now there's a Star Trek spin-off that'd get my vote.

Oh all right, I'll be serious.

The Terry Practchett Discworld books should be made into movies - they are begging for a Peter Jackson-like treatment. So far, all we've had are some cartoon adaptations that require serious medication to remove from your head.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see a true adaptation of Dashiell Hammett's Red Harvest done. I love that book.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone make an honest attempt to make a movie out the comic book, Nexus. I know it wouldn't work because Hollywood would totally shank it, but if they could do it right it would rule :)

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Alien 5 and 6 directed by Ridley scott or cameron..A cool idea would be( I think.) ; In the fifth the space jokcies invade the earth and of course using their biological weapon the Alien! This would end in a cliffhanger and then be ended in the sixth with Ripley going to the Alien homeworld to kill them all! And then finally die herself at the end ( and no there wouldn't be any dna left since she get's pulverized )
Then Ridley scott could direct the first and James cameron the second, or the other way around and produce for each other. what do you think of that idea?
Randenvouz with Rama by Fincher!
The perfurme by Ridley Scott

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
Blade III :D
The Matrix: Renosonce (spelling?) - A prequil leading up to the first, like 2nd renosonce, but with real actors
Jurrasic Park - Prequil showing all the mistakes John Hammond made
Star Wars 6/7/8: Duh
Pulp Fiction 2: Cought ya looking ;) Just kidding.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
"Stranger In A Strange Land"

Bowie had the rights to this for YEARS but never did anything with it. Leon Russel already has the title song written.

But, God in Heaven, don't let any of the Vonnegut "for film" adapters get involved!!!!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
There were 3 books based on the Aaron Stampler, Martin Vail characters.
Primal Fear
Show of Evil
Reign in Hell

Primal Fear made a damn good movie and I really want Show of Evil to be done. I loved that book! Reign wasnt that great but Id see the flick anyway.

Arman

Screenwriter
Miyazaki - Voltes V
Spielberg or Cameron - 9/11
Spielberg - Mission of Gravity
Cameron - Martian Chronicles
Spike Lee - Black or White: The Michael Jackson Story
Peter Jackson - Lord of Light
Peter Jackson - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
Kiarostami or Scott - Saddam
Kiarostami - Waiting
Van Sant - SARS
Van Sant - The Killer Angels
Laurent Cantet - Outsourced
Lynch or Eastwood - A Place of Execution
Lynch - Lucifer Rising
Eastwood - The Executioner's Song
Linklater - Holiday in Death
Linklater - Lord of the Storm
Minghella - Empire Falls
Frears - Middlesex
Daldry - Interpreter of Maladies
Daldry - The Stone Diaries
Rohmer - Three Junes
Penn - The Corrections
Sollett - Patterns of Love

Terry St

Second Unit

Speaking of Terry Pratchett, he also co-authored a great little book called "Good Omens" with Neil Gaiman. It's an unforgettably hilarious read. Terry Gilliam was working on it, but couldn't raise the money he needed and was forced to move onto other projects. I still hope he gets the money to make it someday though.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd love to see a film version of Haruki Murakami's novel Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World.

Also: I'm still waiting for the Solomon Kane film...

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor

Oh please, goodness, NO. I do NOT need my emotions artificially manipulated by the usual directoral style of either of these two on a subject of this magnitude.

I'm trying to wrack my brain to come up with a name, but I don't think a single director could do this topic proper justice. I think I'd like to see someone (or a few someones) who excel at minimalism try it, several years from now when some of the intimacy to the event has faded.

I think the event's retelling would probably have to be pretty sweeping, epic in scope -- including some background on the murderers and a lot of background on some of the prominent heroes and...well, I can see it get ugly just trying to handle respectfully the portrayal of the thousands of victims. And such a film would preferably close with the finding of OBL, to at least have some sort of meaningful closure.

I realize, though, that if/when such a film does get made, it would be unbelievably emotional -- just thinking of the last words of Flight 11 stewardess Madeline Sweeney ("I see water and buildings ... Oh my God! Oh my God.") chokes me up with tears and dread. No offense to these great directors (whom I admire for their incredible contributions in the past), but I believe there would be no need for a Spielberg or a Cameron to helm a project like this; the feelings are real enough without their "help."

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

I have to agree...I almost think that if I personally were to make a movie about 9/11, I wouldn't even film anything having to do with the Twin Towers or Pentagon. We all new what happened. We saw more than we could have ever imagined, thanks to the Documentrey that was shot as it was happening.

I would approach such a project as a smaller character piece, about how people dealt with such an event and how it touched them. I know I would never be able to do reality justice...

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
The first three books in John Norman's Gor series made into a trilogy (every book after that sucks).

Super Mario Brothers? The original is one of the worst movies of all time, so if you "remake" it, it better be a complete departure from the original waste of film.

- Jack

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
If there is another Alien movie made, I would like to see a prequel of what happened on the ship found by the Nostromo in the first film. I could see it as a CGI animated film, with Gieger (sp?) directing, done like a silent film with no English dialogue, only alien language and images. Ok, too avant garde to ever get financed, but we are talking dream projects, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks