Movies that you hope they make.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jesse Sharrow, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

My first one is "Rendevous with Rama". Greatest book series I ever read, would be unreal in film.

CSI the movie. I love the series and I think a 2 hour long case would be awsome!

2. Jesse Sharrow

Well aparently Rama is coming out. I found a small amount of info on it.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Super Mario Bros. - Not a sequel, but a "remake." A CGI one would be best, but a live-action version would work too. Koopa would be a fire-breathing dragon, not a human or whatever he was in the '93 version, which I didn't see. I know, I know, I shouldn't judge a film before I see it, but if they couldn't do Koopa right, then I don't have much desire to see it.

4. Bob Nowaskey

Bob Nowaskey Auditioning

I would love to see a John Carter of Mars movie.

5. andrew markworthy

Seven of Nine and Kes together ... Now there's a Star Trek spin-off that'd get my vote.

Oh all right, I'll be serious.

The Terry Practchett Discworld books should be made into movies - they are begging for a Peter Jackson-like treatment. So far, all we've had are some cartoon adaptations that require serious medication to remove from your head.

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I'd like to see a true adaptation of Dashiell Hammett's Red Harvest done. I love that book.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone make an honest attempt to make a movie out the comic book, Nexus. I know it wouldn't work because Hollywood would totally shank it, but if they could do it right it would rule [​IMG]

7. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Second Unit

Alien 5 and 6 directed by Ridley scott or cameron..A cool idea would be( I think.) ; In the fifth the space jokcies invade the earth and of course using their biological weapon the Alien! This would end in a cliffhanger and then be ended in the sixth with Ripley going to the Alien homeworld to kill them all! And then finally die herself at the end ( and no there wouldn't be any dna left since she get's pulverized )
    Then Ridley scott could direct the first and James cameron the second, or the other way around and produce for each other. what do you think of that idea?
    Randenvouz with Rama by Fincher!
    The perfurme by Ridley Scott

8. Justin_D

Justin_D Stunt Coordinator

Blade III [​IMG]
    The Matrix: Renosonce (spelling?) - A prequil leading up to the first, like 2nd renosonce, but with real actors
    Jurrasic Park - Prequil showing all the mistakes John Hammond made
    Star Wars 6/7/8: Duh
    Pulp Fiction 2: Cought ya looking [​IMG] Just kidding.

9. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

Done! Damn fine movie too, though Episode 5 remains the best.

10. Jesse Sharrow

I also think that would be cool. Showing the war of when they made AI.

11. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    "Stranger In A Strange Land"

Bowie had the rights to this for YEARS but never did anything with it. Leon Russel already has the title song written.

But, God in Heaven, don't let any of the Vonnegut "for film" adapters get involved!!!!

12. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

There were 3 books based on the Aaron Stampler, Martin Vail characters.
    Primal Fear
    Show of Evil
    Reign in Hell

Primal Fear made a damn good movie and I really want Show of Evil to be done. I loved that book! Reign wasnt that great but Id see the flick anyway.

13. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

Miyazaki - Voltes V
    Spielberg or Cameron - 9/11
    Spielberg - Mission of Gravity
    Cameron - Martian Chronicles
    Spike Lee - Black or White: The Michael Jackson Story
    Peter Jackson - Lord of Light
    Peter Jackson - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
    Kiarostami or Scott - Saddam
    Kiarostami - Waiting
    Van Sant - SARS
    Van Sant - The Killer Angels
    Laurent Cantet - Outsourced
    Lynch or Eastwood - A Place of Execution
    Lynch - Lucifer Rising
    Eastwood - The Executioner's Song
    Linklater - Holiday in Death
    Linklater - Lord of the Storm
    Minghella - Empire Falls
    Frears - Middlesex
    Daldry - Interpreter of Maladies
    Daldry - The Stone Diaries
    Rohmer - Three Junes
    Penn - The Corrections
    Sollett - Patterns of Love

14. Terry St

Terry St Second Unit

Speaking of Terry Pratchett, he also co-authored a great little book called "Good Omens" with Neil Gaiman. It's an unforgettably hilarious read. Terry Gilliam was working on it, but couldn't raise the money he needed and was forced to move onto other projects. I still hope he gets the money to make it someday though.

15. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'd love to see a film version of Haruki Murakami's novel Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World.

Also: I'm still waiting for the Solomon Kane film...

16. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Hell yeah SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!

REMAKE!

17. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

Oh please, goodness, NO. I do NOT need my emotions artificially manipulated by the usual directoral style of either of these two on a subject of this magnitude.

I'm trying to wrack my brain to come up with a name, but I don't think a single director could do this topic proper justice. I think I'd like to see someone (or a few someones) who excel at minimalism try it, several years from now when some of the intimacy to the event has faded.

I think the event's retelling would probably have to be pretty sweeping, epic in scope -- including some background on the murderers and a lot of background on some of the prominent heroes and...well, I can see it get ugly just trying to handle respectfully the portrayal of the thousands of victims. And such a film would preferably close with the finding of OBL, to at least have some sort of meaningful closure.

I realize, though, that if/when such a film does get made, it would be unbelievably emotional -- just thinking of the last words of Flight 11 stewardess Madeline Sweeney ("I see water and buildings ... Oh my God! Oh my God.") chokes me up with tears and dread. No offense to these great directors (whom I admire for their incredible contributions in the past), but I believe there would be no need for a Spielberg or a Cameron to helm a project like this; the feelings are real enough without their "help."

18. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

I have to agree...I almost think that if I personally were to make a movie about 9/11, I wouldn't even film anything having to do with the Twin Towers or Pentagon. We all new what happened. We saw more than we could have ever imagined, thanks to the Documentrey that was shot as it was happening.

I would approach such a project as a smaller character piece, about how people dealt with such an event and how it touched them. I know I would never be able to do reality justice...

19. Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa Second Unit

The first three books in John Norman's Gor series made into a trilogy (every book after that sucks).

Super Mario Brothers? The original is one of the worst movies of all time, so if you "remake" it, it better be a complete departure from the original waste of film.

- Jack

20. Shane Gralaw

Shane Gralaw Second Unit

If there is another Alien movie made, I would like to see a prequel of what happened on the ship found by the Nostromo in the first film. I could see it as a CGI animated film, with Gieger (sp?) directing, done like a silent film with no English dialogue, only alien language and images. Ok, too avant garde to ever get financed, but we are talking dream projects, right?