Movie Poster Frames?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnE, May 27, 2002.

1. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

I've asked this before and someone gave me a couple of nice links, but the old HD screwed the pooch and needless to say they're gone. Anyway...

Where can I get movie poster frames online? I'm not talking the $200/300 dollar ones but just some decent cheap ones? My local Suncoast used to carry them but have been out for months. Nowhere else seems to have them. Thanks.

2. Ross M

Ross M Agent

I use these inexpensive, lightweight foamcore frames:
    Frame USA

3. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

John,
    I don’t know if this is for you, but what I did on my last three poster frames was make them myself and for about only 5 bucks more than the ones at suncoast.
    I bought the 27” & 40” frame legs in a U-Frame kit from a craft store, then got foam core cut to 27x40, then went to Home Depot and had them cut a piece of pleixglass down to 27x40 and bang it was done. Far better than those Suncoast frames, I know because I have a half dozen or so.
    Here is a link of a pearl harbor one that I made.
    http://www.msu.edu/user/pasantma/ph.jpg

4. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Matt that looks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ! Do you think that would work as well if you got the poster dry mounted?

5. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

Kelly,
    I dont know.. I used photomount on the poster as well and that seemed relativly easy.

Believe me, if I can frame anyone can frame. I am so technically challenged when it comes to stuff like the crafts.

-- Matt