What's new

Men in Black: Deluxe vs. Collectors vs Limited vs ... ?? (1 Viewer)

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Hello,
I'm interested in acquiring a DVD of Men in Black and I've noticed that there is:
- Deluxe Editon
- Collector's Edition
- Limited Edition
Leaving aside the issue of sound formats please :D , is there any difference in the image quality of the film presentation? (I can look up the various other features at online store sites, so I'm only wondering about picture quality differences.)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about the image quality (I've heard it's the exact same on all the discs, but never experienced all of them myself), but I'm somewhat of a specialty packaging nut, so I went with the very slick-looking LE.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I've seen all four and found the image quality to be identical for each of them. I'd recommend the Deluxe Edition. It's equal in content to the LE and costs less. (Okay, it loses a reproduction of some production art, but otherwise it presents everything from the LE, and it retails for $15 less.)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If you want the most bang for your buck, the Deluxe Edition. The SRP is $5 more than the original Dolby Digital release ($19.99), and it contains 98% of the extras from the LE along with the MIB 2 promotional material.
The LE still retails for $40 and the DTS version, which loses a tiny bit of video quality due to the DTS track and all the extras, still retails for $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks