What's new

Press Release Shout! Studios Press Release: JFK (1991) Collector's Edition (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
eca92689-1ed0-412b-a1c5-c02a1011bc91.jpg

NEW 4-DISC BOX SET JFK (COLLECTOR'S EDITION),
FEATURING THE LEGENDARY FILM JFK ON
4K UHD™ AND BLU-RAY™,
TO BE RELEASED DECEMBER 19
FROM SHOUT! STUDIOS AND SHOUT SELECT​

a2f9c3ab-fadd-43a9-8856-a817d3d81b9f.jpg
S.gif
Los Angeles, CA – On December 19, Oscar®-winning writer and director Oliver Stone’s quintessential film JFK will be released in a new 4-Disc box set from Shout Select packed with NEW bonus features, and featuring the film on 4K UHD™ and Blu-ray™. JFK (Collector’s Edition), the ultimate -Disc collector’s set, is available now for pre-order from ShoutFactory.com, Amazon.com, and other retailers. Customers ordering from ShoutFactory.com will receive an exclusive 18 x 24 rolled poster featuring the original theatrical artwork, available while supplies last.

Oliver Stone’s Academy Award®-winning* film about the shots heard round the world and the mystery that still surrounds them is one of the most provocative movies of all time. In addition to its box office success, soaring critical acclaim, and awards, it played a major role in the national debate that led to the passage of the 1992 Assassination Materials Disclosure Act.

Packed with a star-studded cast – Kevin Costner (Dances With Wolves), Sissy Spacek (Carrie), Joe Pesci (Goodfellas), Tommy Lee Jones (No Country For Old Men), Kevin Bacon (Mystic River), Laurie Metcalf (The Conners), Gary Oldman (The Dark Night), Jack Lemmon (The Apartment), Donald Sutherland (Invasion of the Body Snatchers), Walter Matthau (A New Leaf) and so many more – JFK will take you through the looking glass and into one of the most controversial events of our time.
*1991: Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing

JFK (COLLECTOR’S EDITION) SPECIAL FEATURES:

DISC ONE (4K)
JFK
4K Ultra HD
Director’s Cut
Shout Select, Shout! Studios, Warner Bros., Ultra HD Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, SDH, Rated R
2160p Ultra High-Definition Widescreen (2.39:1) / Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 205 Minutes

NEW 2023 4K UHD Director-Approved Scan Of The Original Negative In Dolby Vision
Audio Commentary With Director, Producer & Co-Writer Oliver Stone

DISC TWO (Blu-Ray)
JFK
Blu-Ray
Director’s Cut
Shout Select, Shout Studios, Warner Bros., Blu-ray, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Region A, SDH, Rated R
1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.39:1) / Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 205 Minutes

NEW 4K Director-Approved Scan From The Original Negative

DISC THREE (Blu-Ray)
JFK
Blu-Ray
Theatrical Cut
Shout Select, Shout Studios, Warner Bros., Blu-ray, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Region A, SDH, Rated R
1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.39:1) / Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 188 Minutes

NEW 4K Director-Approved Scan From The Original Negative

DISC FOUR (Blu-Ray)
JFK
Blu-Ray
Special Features
Shout Select, Shout Studios, Warner Bros., Blu-ray, DTS-HD Master Audio, Region A,
1080p High-Definition Widescreen (Various)

NEW "One Person Can Make A Difference" - Oliver Stone on JFK
NEW "Stone Bold" - Cinematographer Robert Richardson on JFK
NEW "Brave New Worlds" - Editor Hank Corwin on JFK
NEW "Supporting The Vision" - Co-Producer Clayton Townsend On JFK
NEW "Re-Creating The Unthinkable" - Special Makeup Effects Artist Gordon J. Smith On JFK
NEW "The Delicate Hands Of Time" - Dallas Location Manager Patty Doherty Hess on JFK
12 Deleted And Extended Scenes /Alternate Ending (With Optional Director Commentary) (55 Minutes)
"Assassination Updated" (30 minutes)
"Meet Mr. X: The Personality And Thoughts Of Fletcher Prouty" (11 Minutes)
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailer
WARNER BROS. Presents
In Association With LE STUDIO CANAL +, REGENCY ENTERPRISES And ALCOR FILMS An IXTLAN CORPORATION And An A. KITMAN HO Production
An OLIVER STONE Film KEVIN COSTNER ‘JFK’ KEVIN BACON TOMMY LEE JONES LAURIE METCALF GARY OLDMAN MICHAEL ROOKER JAY O. SANDERS And SISSY SPACEK
Co-Producer CLAYTON TOWNSEND Edited By JOE HUTSHING And PIETRO SCALIA Production Designer VICTOR KEMPSTER Director Of Photography ROBERT RICHARDSON Music By JOHN WILLIAMS Executive Producer ARNON MILCHAN
Based On The Books ‘On The Trail Of The Assassins’ By JIM GARRISON And ‘Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy’ By JIM MARRS Screenplay By OLIVER STONE & ZACHARY SKLAR
Produced By A. KITMAN HO And OLIVER STONE Directed By OLIVER STONE

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Based on the recent NBK release configuration, my guess would be that discs 1&2 will be the director's cut on UHD and BD, Disc 3 will be the theatrical cut on BD, and disc 4 will be bonus features.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
But are both in 4k?
This is the question.
Unlikely. Shout typically includes one cut or the other in 4K, not both. Has Shout ever included multiple cuts of a movie in 4K? I don't recall any instances, but I suppose there's always a first time.

Last edited:
  • Agreed
Reactions: PMF

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Unlikely. Shout typically includes one cut or the other in 4K, not both. Has Shout ever included multiple cuts of a movie in 4K? I don't recall any instances, but I suppose there's always a first time.
Agreed. Based on history, Shout will have the director's cut on UHD and the director's cut and the theatrical cut on Blu-rays.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bad job by Shout then as I think both versions should be on 4K/UHD. I can do without having them again on Blu-ray.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
Posters are held in separate rolled tube thingy, not the blu-ray set. At least that's how they did it on "The Magnificant Seven."

I think both cuts could be 4K considering it's a four-disc set.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We don't know for certain yet what the contents are, so maybe we should wait for the details. I'll be thrilled if the theatrical cut is in 4K.
I'm expressing my opinion if both versions aren't on 4K/UHD, it's a bad job. If you have a problem with that then so be it.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
I’ve never seen JFK so I’m a bit late to this party. Is it a good film?
No, it's a godawful conspiracy-laden travesty. Absolute insanity. No better than a Fractured Fairytale from Rocky and Bullwinkle. The problem is that Stone makes all this utter nonsense compelling.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
No, it's a godawful conspiracy-laden travesty. Absolute insanity. No better than a Fractured Fairytale from Rocky and Bullwinkle. The problem is that Stone makes all this utter nonsense compelling.
Oh it’s nonsense, but it’s so well-made and formally inventive that the script can be forgiven. The editing alone makes it a pantheon film. As someone in another thread mentioned, there’s no Oppenheimer without JFK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks