What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
DD season 1 on blu is up for order on amazon, US release baby, holding off for a day to see if Ron puts up a link, release date of 8 NOV,

upload_2016-10-10_14-34-0.png

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My copy of the UK DD arrived today. Looks great; there are no extras, just 13 episodes on 4 blu-rays.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well for those of us that are R1, i know already it is region free,(the UK release) , but what i am hoping is the announcements are a slow stead trickle on this side of the pond as well, that would mean the other three shows should be coming, as exclusives? maybe the 2 that were amazon exclusive last time , but the Netflix series i see getting a wider release, got a hell of a fan base, and Disney always needs the money

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The steel book of Jessica Jones is not sold out - it just hasn't gone on sale yet. Goes on sale Nov. 21. Hopefully we hear about a regular region-free version or a US version by then.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Thanks for that info. I don't see it on Amazon UK yet, so I wonder if it is region free (which it should be, since all the UK editions seem to be). I would order it if so.

I know Marvel announced DD season 1 for next month, but I have been enjoying the DD blu-rays I imported from the UK.

Still waiting for the announcement of Jessica Jones season 1. Does anyone know if Zavvi ships to the US?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
No, there are no extras on the DD blu-rays, just 13 episodes on 4 discs. They look terrific though.

Thanks for the Zavvi info.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The Australian site that listed the Jessica Jones blu-ray has updated the disc's artwork to the same image seen on the Amazon UK page. The site also changed the region coding for the set to A/B/C from region B, so I assume these are the same region-free discs as the Zavvi release. Not sure why an official announcement has yet to come, or why Amazon UK's listing isn't active yet.

Release date is Dec. 5.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Can anyone offer advice on ordering steelbooks from Zavvi? What time (US EST) do they go on sale? How fast do they sell out? Any info appreciated.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I ordered (and received) the Jessica Jones steelbook from the UK, and it is all-region. I'd be very surprised if the discs weren't the same. Also, the link you provided says the discs are all-region.

I also received Agent Carter Season 2 from the UK - it is also all-region.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Thanks. I finally got the UK Jessica Jones blu today. Yes, it plays on U.S. blu-ray players. The box art is very nice. The show is very, very good, although I think Daredevil was about 5% better. I got Agent Carter and marathoned it 2 weeks ago. Just can't understand why a show that good couldn't make it. All the Marvel shows are quality, so far. Hope they keep it up--going into iffier projects like the Inhumans and Cloak & Dagger. The next year should be very interesting!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
time to drag this up , but was on that other site, credit to Pieter V, guess DD S2 is coming soon to the UK, and Zavvi has a LE steelbook just passing on the info

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Awesome! Screw the lack of US releases. Happy to get these any way we can. Let's continue to post this kind of info here.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Pre-ordered. It's expected May 27 in my mailbox. It went for about 21 pounds, which is what the first season cost.
dd2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks