What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
going to have to order that next, damn i hate Disney/Marvel not doing these releases in the US, i don't mind getting from the UK, i just wish the didn't have those big ratings logos

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Got my shipping notice from Zavvi for the Daredevil Season 2 steelbook.

Maybe they'll release Luke Cage to tie in with the premiere of The Defenders this summer? In the UK, of course - I don't expect to see it happen in the US.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Got my Daredevil season 2 steelbook from the UK today. Looks great. Makes me wish these Marvel, ABC, Netflix season sets would show up faster and weren't so damn hard to get.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I got Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 from Amazon.uk - despite being pictured with a slipcover, the set arrived without one. Otherwise appears OK.

Jim Pattison

Stunt Coordinator
Is the UK Blu-ray of Daredevil Season 2 an All Region release like Season 1, or is it Region B?

I'm seeing conflicting information about this. For instance, Amazon.com has a listing for an All Region set, and another for a Region B set. Can anyone confirm which one is correct? Both are currently about the same price, and both appear to be UK imports.

I find it hard to believe that both would be released simultaneously.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have the UK Daredevil Season 2 blu-ray set and it is indeed Region-Free. No extras, just like the first set. The episodes look great.

I have not heard anything about a US release.

I figure the next release will be Luke Cage, maybe sometime this fall, although maybe they'll do it in August to tie with the Defenders.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
BTW, it's worth noting that I bought my set from Zavvi, because I wanted the steelbook, and their site is more geared toward collectors than Amazon, and they clearly list the DD s2 set as region-free. There is no doubt that the same discs are included in the ones sold by Amazon. So, if you're ever wondering about a disc's region coding, check the specs on Zavvi.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It seems like Season 2 is never getting a disc release here in the States, so I went ahead and ordered the region-free version from the UK. The packaging doesn't match the US S1 release, but other than that, I'm happy with it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It seems like Season 2 is never getting a disc release here in the States, so I went ahead and ordered the region-free version from the UK. The packaging doesn't match the US S1 release, but other than that, I'm happy with it.
I didn't care for the second season enough to purchase it, but if I had I would definitely have gone the same route.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And, mysteriously, it disappeared from my order. No notice from Amazon. The only sign that it was ever in my order is that they're still honoring the free shipping for orders over $35, even though the order is not over $35 anymore. Very bizarre. Interestingly, it's still available on Amazon, but now at a higher price.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
5894026_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

well that certainly took long enough, seems that Marvel /Disney have finally decided to grace those of us who live in the United States with a release of the Second Season, but nothing on Jessica Jones or Luke Cage, or any of the other titles,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/daredevil-the-complete-second-season-blu-ray/

release date in August

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
^ Very interesting. No doubt it's being released to tie into The Defenders, which begins 8/18.

I keep searching UK and Aus. sites for info on Luke Cage, which I suspect will see release in the fall. Nothing yet.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
^ Very interesting. No doubt it's being released to tie into The Defenders, which begins 8/18.

I keep searching UK and Aus. sites for info on Luke Cage, which I suspect will see release in the fall. Nothing yet.

I look every two or three days. Nothing yet. I keep hoping, because they're our only hope for some of these shows on blu-ray. It still baffles me that Disney isn't interested in providing them to U.S. fans. So far, I've gotten SHIELD season three, Jessica Jones and Agent Carter Season 2 solely from U.K. sources.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So far, I've gotten SHIELD season three, Jessica Jones and Agent Carter Season 2 solely from U.K. sources.

Same here. And I love those blu-rays, although one downside is that they don't have extras, and I suppose that is because they're geared to be region-free and not all extras are available in all regions, for whatever reason.

Fortunately, the blu-ray market seems in full gear overseas.

I wish someone would get Jeph Loeb's ear and ask about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks