What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Agent Carter Complete Second Season is coming to the UK DVD, blu and a zavvi steelbook, all with a release date of Dec 5, these are showing on amazon as well, and says reigon free.

I can't find it on amazon.co.uk as of yet. I'll try again in a couple days. And hopefully U.S. versions will pop up just as suddenly. I'll gladly order the U.K. version if all else fails--

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Good news - I'd love for it to come to the US, but I'll take a UK blu-ray.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So glad it's coming out on disc somewhere. I wish there was a US release with cover art that was more of a match to the US Season 1 set, but I'd rather have non-matching covers than not have it at all. If it doesn't get announced for the US by the time the UK version comes out (which I don't expect), I'm in. Agent Carter represents my favorite corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'll take her over Agents of SHIELD, all of the Netflix shows, and some of the movies as well.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I read here or at another site that Agent Carter Season 2 was not getting a US release. Great to see it released in the UK Region Free. I wish there were a complete series release of Galavant which has not been released anywhere I don't think.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Great, if true. But if that's so, it's odd there has been no inkling elsewhere. And anyone can add info to IMDB. So I hope for your sake, this is true. (But for myself, I'll stick to my Amazon UK preorder as that is a sure thing - and ships in a mere four days.) :)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I just went ahead and pre-ordered them both. And suddenly the prices dropped to 17.49 for Agent Carter and 20.83 for Daredevil. The only bad thing is they will hold Daredevil until Agent Carter comes out in December.

Price with shipping for both is about $55 in US dollars.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just went ahead and pre-ordered them both. And suddenly the prices dropped to 17.49 for Agent Carter and 20.83 for Daredevil. The only bad thing is they will hold Daredevil until Agent Carter comes out in December.

Price with shipping for both is about $55 in US dollars.

I believe Amazon.uk lists items with the VAT included. Since you're outside of the UK, you don't have to pay VAT, so that gets removed during checkout once they realize you live in the U.S. It does feel like getting a nice little discount when the cart totals up.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
so I was milling about on that other site, and..... well for those of us, that are on this side of the pond, and wa wondering about DD, seems that something has snuck out, http://dvdlist.kazart.com/queryDVDList.php3?id=8234099, I have always found that site to be pretty accurate, not to sure about that reference for sound, but hey DD has a upc

I hope this is true, but it lists Nov. 8 as the release date, just over a month away. That's far from the usual lead time for listings, so I tend to doubt the release date is accurate. Pretty much anything that gets announced on BD/DVD now is not going to come out until late December or early next year.

I've already ordered DD from the UK, and I'm looking forward to it. I also ordered Agent Carter.

I will be watching to see if the Australian release of Jessica Jones (due in December) will be open to all regions (the info says it is region B, but many times BDs are region free in fact, if not in name).

I also hold out hope that someone will ask Jeph Loeb at NYCC or that Marvel will make an announcement.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm not going to NYCC this year, but went the past couple years and saw the Marvel panel. Based on that experience, I wouldn't hold out much hope for the question being asked, or answered if it was. It's one of the most unilluminating panels ever, as they generally show you next week's SHIELD episode four days early and then basically answer every question by saying they can't really answer any questions. Frankly, that's one of the reasons I opted not to go this year - just not worth the time or money.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
BTW, Amazon UK has a standard placeholder page up for Jessica Jones season 1. No release date, just an option for them to email you if or when it becomes available. The US site has no such placeholder. I don't think the U.K. site had it a week ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-Je...321992&sr=1-2&keywords=marvel's+jessica+jones

It's worth noting that the same kind of page existed for years on the US site for the 1966 Batman.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My Daredevil season 1 blu-rays have been "dispatched" from Amazon UK. Anyone know how long orders take to get to the US from the UK?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
BTW, Amazon UK has a standard placeholder page up for Jessica Jones season 1. No release date, just an option for them to email you if or when it becomes available. The US site has no such placeholder. I don't think the U.K. site had it a week ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-Jessica-Jones-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B01LXDYRYO/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1475321992&sr=1-2&keywords=marvel's+jessica+jones

It's worth noting that the same kind of page existed for years on the US site for the 1966 Batman.

Let's see if it comes to pass:

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 95

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Having ordered from the French, German, and British Amazon sites, two weeks is the norm for arrival.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
My Daredevil season 1 blu-rays have been "dispatched" from Amazon UK. Anyone know how long orders take to get to the US from the UK?

Mine says it's expected to arrive 10/17. I'll post a two-cent review when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks