What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I would like to believe Chapek might still have some sympathies for physical media. Though what is unknown, is what Chapek REALLY felt about his previous job running the home video division.

For example, did he think it was a "purgatory" which Disney (and other movie companies) used as a "dumping ground" for the less than stellar executives and employees?

I doubt it. Chapek was in charge of the unit when DVD was the hottest selling consumer technology ever. It likely made him a star in the company. He was eventually promoted to head the Theme Parks division. Bill Hunt from the Digital Bits says Chapek is a genuinely nice guy who loved his job at home video.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I decided to try to get the ball rolling, so I wrote to Bob Chapek, Marvel, ABC and Disney. Here is what I said:

Hello,

I'm inquiring about the state of several Disney properties on blu-ray. As you are no doubt aware, fans value the physical media and have built collections over many years, so many of us are troubled that blu-ray releases for many Disney properties have slowed down or stopped.

Specifically, I am wondering when we will see blu-rays for Agents of SHIELD Season 6, Daredevil Season 3, The Defenders, Jessica Jones Seasons 2 and 3, Luke Cage Season 2, Iron Fist Season 2, the Punisher Seasons 1 and 2, and the Inhumans Season 1.

Also, is there going to a blu-ray of The Mandalorian Season 1? Fans would love to see it happen, with the great Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian as bonus material. Additionally, we'd love to see a CD soundtrack. Similarly, we'd eventually love to see blu-rays of the Marvel shows being made for Disney+: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, etc.

I'd love to see a blu-ray of the great Imagineering series that is on Disney+, as well as Prop Culture, which is one of the most fun shows on the service.

While streaming services have taken hold, with Disney's awesome Disney+ among them, fans still value the physical discs they can put in their library. The vast majority of fans will continue to subscribe to Disney+ even if physical copies of shows are sold. One thing that's been lost in the streaming world is the ability to give gifts of physical media. I know my children would love a blu-ray set of the Mandalorian next to their plush Baby Yoda.

Given that blu-rays and DVDs continue to generate a lot of revenue (the statistics at the-numbers.com show how much there is to still be made from discs), it seems a win-win for Disney to provide fans both the blu-rays they want and the great streaming service.

Thank you for your consideration of these items. I hope to hear from you about any plans to continue physical media.

Sincerely,
——

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
After some research, I found the best place to send a note was this webform:

And they responded quickly:

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your email. We value your interest in Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment!

This titles are currently unavailable and no release date has been set. We would be happy to share with the rest of our team that you would like to have this available for purchase. Your feedback helps us build a better experience for all of our guests and is truly appreciated!

To see what great titles are currently available and coming soon, please visit www.disneydvd.com!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email or visit us at www.DisneyStudiosHelp.com.

Sincerely,

Paul
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Consumer Relations
US and Canada

—-

What I found encouraging about this was that they said they’d share the titles I wrote about with the team.
If anyone is so inclined, fill out the webform and let them know what you want.

Real Name
Aidan
Great letter! Thanks for sharing this! I will also fill this out. I might also post the link several other places to try and get a bunch of responses, and see if having a large influx of requests just might be enough to convince Disney to realize it would be profitable.

Edit: I threw the link up in Marvel's Reddit page (which has over 1 million subscribers). Hopefully if even a fraction of those people fill out that form, it could start to get some things to happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks