What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After Amazon unceremoniously cancelled my last order of "Agent Carter" S1 on Blu, I found an eBay seller with a bunch of new copies who was willing to match the price I would have paid Amazon.

So two years after its initial release, it's mine:
agent-carter-blu.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Kind of wish I hadn't bought the imports now...oh well. If anyone's still waiting, here's some more info.

These are the same discs from the UK versions. There are still no extras, so I have no regrets. It is encouraging that we are seeing US releases, albeit several months later. There are still no US releases for Shield Season 3 or Agent Carter Season 2.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Hey, new to the forum, been following this thread for a while though, thought I'd contribute. Jessica Jones and Daredevil Season 2 are going to be released in the US.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/23/jessica-jones-daredevil-season-2-home-release/

Kind of wish I hadn't bought the imports now...oh well. If anyone's still waiting, here's some more info.

i know, and i have those uk sets on the shelf, but i am still going to pick up the US releases, just to keep the numbers up enough i hope to continue US releases, would be a lot smarter for them to release simultaneously with overseas, but Netflix might not go for that

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the income that Netflix gave them for the 1 year exclusive period (assuming that is correct) more than made up for the few sales they lost in the US.
Once you account for those folks who bought the UK sets and then for whatever reason add those that will double dip I'm sure the actual Media Sales loss was likely negligible compared to the extra Netflix money.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Shield Season 3 was released in the UK at the end of January 2017, and Season 5 doesn't begin until January 2018, so I think Dec.-Jan. is a good bet for Season 4 (in the UK).

I am hopeful we will see Luke Cage in the UK (and Australia, etc.) by year's end.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so the next two releases are out stateside today, and got my copies, still no word on if SHIELD or Agent Carter are ever getting a stateside release, but with the release on Netflix last week of Defenders, i hope this means good things for the releases of Luke Cage S1 and Iron Fist S1

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've been getting the region-free steelbooks for the Netflix shows. Kind of a nice bonus for myself for the extra trouble of having to import them. I checked for Luke Cage yesterday, not there yet.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
wonder how long before we see releases for Luke Cage and Iron Fist, i know NYCC is upcoming, and i think they are really going to push Punisher during that. But it would be nice to see Marvel/Disney just start making announcements, instead of dragging it out

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I suspect Luke Cage will be out in the UK for the holidays. Just a guess. Iron Fist and The Defenders next year.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Luke Cage went up for pre-order today on Zavvi.com which has a steelbook edition (as well as a regular edition). Amazon UK has a placeholder up, but no pre-orders yet. The discs are region-free.

It is being released Nov. 27.

Real Name
Aidan
Marvel's been posting Agents of Shield Season 4 Bloopers on Youtube, so presumably that means it'll go on sale soon(at least in the UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks