What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's frustrating and beyond absurd that we don't even have someone at Marvel/Disney that we can ask about this. Why won't they be public about their plans for blu-ray/DVD?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Iron Fist Season 1 is set for release in the UK on June 4. Listings are up on both Amazon UK and Zavvi.

Steelbook:
11716061-1874564378050093.jpg

Regular edition:
81xPm7yyweL._SL1500_.jpg

As usual, no listing on the US Amazon site.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
If the past holds true, the US relasre will use the steel book art for the slipcover ,and show up 4-5 months later, still waiting to hear anything on season 4 of shield, which just keeps getting better

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I tweeted at the Shield showrunners, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, as well as Clark Gregg, asking what the holdup is. No response. I mentioned Jeph Loeb too, but he has no Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/SamFavateJr/status/978442581137920000

i know i have looked as well, there is really no body to get in contact with about releases for this show or the Netflix series, but even so Disney is just milking it differently here, at least the Feature Films that were released 3D could get a 3D release stateside, guess that has gone away as well.

maybe as someone else said they will just release the whole series at once,

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Agents of Shield Season 4 is coming to (region-free) blu-ray on July 2 in the UK. Amazon UK has the listing up now.

This is good news, as it means AoS isn't being abandoned on blu-ray, and it comes on the day that the show has been renewed for a sixth season.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
glad to hear this is getting a release, got it in the wish list to order, took a look at the back as well, and feel a little more than let down, hey i am ok with the bloopers and them goofing around, and the deleted scenes, but honestly would it have been to much to ask for them to also include
upload_2018-5-14_23-59-37.jpeg

and place it on the disc as well , Slingshot takes place shortly before the beginning of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4, and would have been a great extra

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I gave up on it, but not in the "coming to disc" way, more in the "gave up on watching it" way. S4 was a bit of a chore for me to get through, so didn't even bother with S5.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I gave up on it, but not in the "coming to disc" way, more in the "gave up on watching it" way. S4 was a bit of a chore for me to get through, so didn't even bother with S5.

Most fans, including me, would say that Season 5 has been one of the best seasons yet, a definitive improvement over Season 4.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, after season 4 I was ready to be done forever. I watched the first episode of season 5 just cause I had nothing better to do, and was utterly shocked to discover that I was enjoying it.

mark-edk

Second Unit
I thought season 4, especially LMD and the 'framework', were the best this show has done. 5 has been let down by budgets: too much running around in dark corridors, though I still enjoyed it.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
weakest season was the first, till the end then you found out what Ward really was, then go back and watch it again knowing he is Hydra, changes the whole story line, from there it has only gotten better, i even liked season 4's three pod idea, to break up the mix,

and just loved this scene

tumblr_oq3pfbG65k1v1axdpo4_540.gif

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
In an AMA today, someone (not me) asked Jeph Loeb about blu-rays for the Inhumans. He said "Not my department."

I thought he'd be the guy to ask. Guess not.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My blu-ray steelbook of Iron Fist Season 1 just arrived from the UK, a short 5 days after it was released. I personally enjoyed Iron Fist and I'm looking forward to seeing these again. The steelbook art is in a post above. It looks great.

BTW, unlike the Luke Cage blu-rays, this one has no extras. The Luke Cage set had a really cool BTS roundtable with the cast and comments from the creator and producers.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Agents of SHIELD Season 4 came out on blu-ray on Monday, July 2 in the UK. My copy arrived today. That's pretty good service, especially considering we had a mail holiday here yesterday. It ended up being about US$33, about what a new season would cost if it came out here.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Agents of SHIELD Season 5 is up for preorder on Amazon UK. It comes out Oct. 1, 2018. It is available in two editions: regular and deluxe packaging. Take note: Amazon UK's listing has this as a Region B blu-ray, but the back of the package artwork clearly shows it is Region A/B/C. Also, Zavvi's listing has it as all region.

Real Name
Aidan
That’s extremely surprising. That’s a really really quick turnaround from ending of the season to releasing it on home media. Season 5 ended in May, and now it’s coming out in October. For comparison, season 4 came out over a year and a half later. This seems really suspicious to me. If anyone buys it, I’d love to hear if it’s legit or just a well made bootleg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks