What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I thought all these shows would be popular enough for pressed releases. I don't get it.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
It may be that they're too popular, in that the streaming service arrangements are so lucrative that it's in Marvel's interest (and the streaming services') to keep them streaming-exclusive for now.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I think they are coming; the question is when, Netflix has made it clear that they are not going to option Agent Carter for a third season, so that show is pretty much done, minus some filler that they could throw into SHIELD, or they could go back to producing one shots and putting them one the releases that they have coming up.

AoS is going into season 4, with some changes, one, a latter start time which means the shows can go darker, no not Netflix dark, but maybe more PG13 than it has been, less Inhumans this season because Marvel still plans on that becoming one o the films franchises. but hey we are getting a new version of Ghost Rider?

DD should be announced for this side o the pond, so that the release coincides with something, who knows maybe Capt. CW, but they will push the announcement till the last moment, so they can say , it doesn't sell, which is BS. like
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dear-chloe-bennet-ask-ike-perlmutter-why-marvel-isnt-connected

Marvel has built this world, and yes it is all interconnected, so the releases should be as well.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I just would like Marvel to communicate a clear strategy with regard to these releases so we have some idea when to expect them. Daredevil was announced for the UK on blu-ray more than a month ago, and we still have no word here. (The UK release is Oct. 3, which would correspond to Oct. 4 here; Civil War is scheduled for Sept. 13.)

Last year, Shield and Carter were announced for blu on July 8, in advance of ComiCon. ComiCon was over two weeks ago and we have no idea when or if they're coming to blu, or whether they'll be Amazon exclusives again.

It's very frustrating.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so that other site, has Daredevil blu ray release dates ....... lets see

UK 10/3/16
Germany 10/26/16
Japan 11/2/16

you would think, hey i got an idea, lets release it everywhere, except where the damn thing is made, oh my bad, sure Netflix is big in all three of those countrys..........

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The overseas releases are region free, though. Just import!

maybe they are, and maybe they aren't, don't know for certain at this point, but i would think at this point in distribution, that the country of origin would normally have the release announced before any overseas markets were announced. if you are going to do an exclusive stateside don't hold onto the info. let people know, at this point i am somewhat frustrated that one of these three are not announced for a US release yet. Surprised they haven't made this Disney Movie Club exclusives or gone back to Amazon.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
maybe they are, and maybe they aren't, don't know for certain at this point, but i would think at this point in distribution, that the country of origin would normally have the release announced before any overseas markets were announced. if you are going to do an exclusive stateside don't hold onto the info. let people know, at this point i am somewhat frustrated that one of these three are not announced for a US release yet. Surprised they haven't made this Disney Movie Club exclusives or gone back to Amazon.

All the Marvel UK blu-rays have been region-free so far (including their TV releases), so I don't know any reason to think they won't be this time around, too, though I do take your point (after all, the BBC made the Special Edition of Sherlock: Series 3 region-locked, even though all the previous Sherlock BDs were region A/B compatible).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Here's the response I got from the comments I sent under the Marvel tab:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you at our location. For the best assistance with this inquiry, please contact [email protected].
You can also review the FAQ site for answers to common questions at http://marvel.com/help/.
If you have any questions about a special offer available throughMore.Marvel.com, please reply to this email or call one of our agents at 1-866-705-5705 Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Central time.
Thank you,
Marvel Studios Support

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so i called the number, and the agents, pun intended are not given release information, as he stated when the press release goes out, then you know, because of the inner working, something might be held back or something like that, then he referenced IMDB of all things, nice fellow, pleasant, so i cant be upset.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I got a response today from an email I sent to [email protected].
---

Dear Sam,
Thank you for contacting Marvel’s Online Support services.
Unfortunately, there is no official new on the Blu-ray release of the Marvel shows in question. we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Best regards,

NyaDang
-Marvel Customer Care
----
My original message:
Hi folks,

I was directed to you at this email address, as you can see below. I'm inquiring about blu-rays for the Marvel television shows. Specifically, I'd like to know when or if blu-rays will be released for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Season 3, Agent Carter Season 2, Daredevil Seasons 1 and 2, and Jessica Jones Season 1.

Many fans are puzzled by the lack of blu-ray product for Marvel properties. Indeed, many fans of the shows grew up collecting comic books, so the archival nature of collecting seasons of our favorite shows is part of the fun.

If any of the above shows are scheduled for blu-ray, please let us know. And if they are not currently scheduled for blu-ray, please send words of encouragement to those who can make it happen that fans would love to see blu-ray releases of all the Marvel shows.

If this is not the correct contact to address these matters, perhaps you can direct me to the best source.

Thank you,

Note that their email says "new" instead of "news." Also, read into it what you will (no official news) but it doesn't sound like these are coming any time soon.

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
Season 4 of AoS starts in less than a month, and still no pre-order or information anywhere, that I can see for the season 3 DVD's. I have to conclude they are pulling the plug on physical releases of this show. (And Agent Carter too, probably.) I guess there's a chance we might see a complete series set someday, but I'm not holding my breath. Netflix is God now.

iTunes has the season for sale... I guess that's my only option to own it. As much as you can "own" anything Apple sells you.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well, i can understand, some of that, physical media is not dying, its just the the content producers are less willing to support it, so they push it to Netflix, or you can "purchase a download" from amazon or iTunes, just so Disney or whoever understands, if that is the way forward of doing business, then we (myself) are no longer doing business, i don't want a stream or a download, no physical copy, no sale!!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'll give it a couple of weeks, but if we don't hear anything further, I will order the Daredevil set from the UK. (Amazon lists it as region free.)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
from that other forum.

Anyone who wants to contact Disney/Marvel regarding the releases of Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter and Daredevil are now being directed to this e-mail address below.

[email protected]

props to tvshowfan at the other forum

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
less that 30 days away from the start of the next season and nothing. it would be nice if we did have an actual point of contact. And the more I think about it, it shows Marvel's / Disney's / ABC's lack o faith in these shows. other titles were announce months ago, many o programs that I don't think I have given 30 seconds to watching. No disrespect to those programs, but they are not or me.
If, this is all supposedly one large shared universe, and these shows are part of the MCU, then they need to be represented. the same as the feature films, if not, then maybe I need to find something else, like DC (CW) TV, the only thing missing from that is Constantine and that could be fixed via WAC.

they have to know fans are waiting on an announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks