Martin Denny dies

Discussion in 'Music' started by Greg_S_H, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    [​IMG]

I listen to Martin Denny a lot. Love his stuff. I'm so glad much of it got reissued in the '90s, and am always hopeful that his post-exotica material will also find its way to CD. I would always tell people, "Yeah, he's still alive and well at 93!" Well, he made it to 94, anyway, and that's not a bad lifespan at all. It is too bad that as popular as he was, the news of his death hasn't been headline material. He died on the 2nd of the month.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ple_denny_dc_1

2. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

When my father used to put on his exotica albums and wistfully relive his past, I used to think what is this weird musak...but I too have grown to appreciate Martin Denny.

The Left Arm of Buddah, The Enchanted Sea among my favorites.

I even went out and got that Exotic Moog album he and Les Baxter appear on.

Hopefully, somewhere, he's resting in a Quiet Village.

3. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I love Quiet Village a good deal; his music was so comforting and easy to go to sleep with.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I've heard bits and pieces of the Moog album and need to find a copy. I do have his Taste of Honey LP, and it's really nice. Great versions of Take Five, Stranger on the Shore, and the theme from Route 66. I am a little peeved that my local "legends" channel always plays his version of Taste of Honey and credits it to Arthur Lyman. [​IMG] I wonder if they downloaded a mislabeled mp3, or if their cart just got mislabeled. I need to e-mail them.