What's new

Martin Denny dies (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:frowning:

I listen to Martin Denny a lot. Love his stuff. I'm so glad much of it got reissued in the '90s, and am always hopeful that his post-exotica material will also find its way to CD. I would always tell people, "Yeah, he's still alive and well at 93!" Well, he made it to 94, anyway, and that's not a bad lifespan at all. It is too bad that as popular as he was, the news of his death hasn't been headline material. He died on the 2nd of the month.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ple_denny_dc_1

Alex-C

Screenwriter
When my father used to put on his exotica albums and wistfully relive his past, I used to think what is this weird musak...but I too have grown to appreciate Martin Denny.

The Left Arm of Buddah, The Enchanted Sea among my favorites.

I even went out and got that Exotic Moog album he and Les Baxter appear on.

Hopefully, somewhere, he's resting in a Quiet Village.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I love Quiet Village a good deal; his music was so comforting and easy to go to sleep with.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've heard bits and pieces of the Moog album and need to find a copy. I do have his Taste of Honey LP, and it's really nice. Great versions of Take Five, Stranger on the Shore, and the theme from Route 66. I am a little peeved that my local "legends" channel always plays his version of Taste of Honey and credits it to Arthur Lyman. :angry: I wonder if they downloaded a mislabeled mp3, or if their cart just got mislabeled. I need to e-mail them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks