What's new

Pre-Order USHE Press Release: No Time To Die (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Why not buy the 4K set that includes the Blu-ray? When/if you upgrade you'll have the disc.

I was going to do that but they’ve picked an unusual product configuration where the UHD/BD set has all bonus features on the UHD disc rather than on the BD disc, which is more typical of most other releases. Since I want to view the bonus features, I’ll have to buy the BD edition rather than the hoped for UHD combo. Oh well. At some point there will probably be a big UHD set with all of the films and I can just upgrade it then. I do not anticipate being able to upgrade my projector to 4K anytime in the near future so while the future proofed disc would have been nice, it’s not essential right now.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I was going to do that but they’ve picked an unusual product configuration where the UHD/BD set has all bonus features on the UHD disc rather than on the BD disc, which is more typical of most other releases. Since I want to view the bonus features, I’ll have to buy the BD edition rather than the hoped for UHD combo. Oh well. At some point there will probably be a big UHD set with all of the films and I can just upgrade it then. I do not anticipate being able to upgrade my projector to 4K anytime in the near future so while the future proofed disc would have been nice, it’s not essential right now.
It's also possible the extra features will be on iTunes.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Vudu lists "Being James Bond" as being included with the digital purchase of No Time to Die, so it does seem likely that Blu-ray owners might be able to stream that with redemption of the digital copy. I'll have to wait until release day to find out for sure, as I don't plan to buy the digital version now and then get the disc later.

If so, that's less bad than not getting access to it at all. But I still think a big supplement like that should be accessible to all on the disc itself.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The digital copy included with this release appears to be exclusive to Apple TV and won't redeem at Vudu or Movies Anywhere.

Vudu lists Being James Bond as included with the digital extras, and I was particularly interested in watching that because it is not on the Blu-ray disc. But I can't find if the Apple redemption includes the bonus feature or not. Does anyone know how (or if) you can access bonus features on Apple TV? I don't see it listed there.

I am not interested in making a digital purchase from Vudu just to see the doc after I already paid for the physical disc version.

Thanks!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just noticed that Being James Bond has been uploaded to the official James Bond YouTube channel.

It is my understanding that this is the UHD exclusive bonus feature which is not available on the Blu-ray Disc. So those of you like me who don't have a 4K setup right now can watch it as long as it stays up there.

I still wish it were on the Blu-ray disc for posterity, but at least they're making it temporarily available to the rest of us this way.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Sadly, in Canada, we never got digital codes with our copies of NTTD.

It was rather disappointing. :(

Even worse, Best Buy used a photo of the U.S. edition for their NTTD 4K steelbook on their website which DID indicate a digital code was included. And when I complained, customer service told me it would be coming via e-mail on a certain date and nothing ever arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks