What's new

Logan (Wolverine 3) - March 3, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpeg

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I so can't wait. I grew up reading Wolverine comics, and stayed with them for about 20 years. I love this character and this movie has me stoked.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I hated Wolverine since I was 12. I used to collect comic books and my favorite was The Amazing Spiderman. My friend collected any comic with Wolverine as he was the "coolest" comic book character of the 80's.
We used to get into fist fights( he was the hothead not me) about who was the better hero.
My friend always saying over and over again that Wolverine would kill Spiderman easily-I argued that Spidey doesn't kill but if he did he would punch Wolvies head off his shoulders ("then his head would just grow back"--BS:rolleyes:). I cant tell you what is funny, the fact that two twelve year olds were so passionate about their hobby, or that my friend actually made me develop a lifelong hatred of a fictional character:lol:

I have eased up on the character and still dig the Adamantium Claws at least.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Final trailer, released today:

Yup. Don't know where to begin eyeroll, facepalm, whatever. So, X-Men comics exist in a movie about X-Men(man)? Which in turn are frowned upon by the actual hero. This sort of breaks the fourth wall, not in a Deadpool fun way. Very bad. And much like the 2016 Ghostbuster movie it looks like 'Pringles' continue to be the kings of scene stealing product placement.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I have mixed feelings about the X-Men comic book too. On one hand, in a world largely devoid of mutants, it makes a certain amount of sense that the age of heroes with extraordinary abilities would be mythologized. On the other hand, it reminds us that the world we're watching isn't real.

It was also a bit surprising to see a convenience store. My understanding before these trailers is that the world of this movie was closer to Mad Max than the real contemporary world.

My main complaint with the new trailers is all of the action scenes with X-23. That was a surprise that should have been saved for the movie.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Oh X-23, I love it man, love it...

As far as a "surprise" worst kept secret ever. Im a fanboy, I knew it was coming.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
A co-worker and I watched this trailer. Our conversation went like this:

Him: "Why is Captain Picard in this?"
Me: "Oh yeah, and that guy from Les Miz is in this too."
Him: "Who?"
Me: "Huge Jackson."

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The movie looks great, but per Fox's pattern they are basically saying "Fuck it" as far as continuity with past and future X films.

Huge Jackman has said this movie is its own thing and they aren't trying to make it work with what came before.

"When you see the full movie you'll understand," the actor explained. "Not only is it different in terms of timeline and tone, it's a slightly different universe. It's actually a different paradigm and that will become clear." That probably explains why we have a totally new version of Caliban decades after the events of X-Men: Apocalypse, but why did he and James Mangold head down this route?

"I said this was my last one and they said make the movie you want to make," Jackman said, referring to Fox. "And so Jim and I had this blank canvas and we wanted to make something really different. Definitely tonally different, I kept thinking The Wrestler, Unforgiven. It's a stand alone movie in many ways. It's not really beholden to time lines and story lines in the other movies. Obviously Patrick Stewart was in there so we have some crossover but it feels very different and very fresh."

"[Following the timelines] becomes a chess game that you try to serve, which actually doesn't help to tell a story and it's sort of been a bit all over the place. I'm not critical of it – X-Men was the first movie really in comic book, no one thought there'd be another and there were different directors different off shoots." So, in other words, the movies have become such a mess that Logan is going to just stand on its own rather than attempting to find a place in the convoluted X-Men Universe.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Do the previews look totally sad and depressing to anyone else but me? I have seen all the Marvel super hero movies and will probably see this one, but it looks joyless and absolutely grim to me. I am going to have to bring a whoopy cushion with me to sit through this one.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do the previews look totally sad and depressing to anyone else but me? I have seen all the Marvel super hero movies and will probably see this one, but it looks joyless and absolutely grim to me. I am going to have to bring a whoopy cushion with me to sit through this one.
Well, seeing the cinema history of this character, what else did you expect? Sunshine and lollipops doesn't exactly go with particular character in which he's basically a killing machine that had terrible personal experiences.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Looks like tickets are quietly starting to go onsale for opening weekend. I just picked up reserved seats for the Thurs. March 2nd 10pm showing at my local IMAX theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks