What's new

Let's Talk MST3K Box Sets (2 Viewers)

Joel C

Screenwriter
I ordered one too, and it was even CHEAPER, $14.95, total ~$19. If it is a bogus item, I can just return it to the B&M. If it is legit, GREAT deal. Thanks.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
ooooo
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I just ordered it ($19 and change shipped)... let's see what happens (I have been meaning to pick up some more MST3K :D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hm, not clear if my order went through or not....got no confirmation other than it said my order was already processed? I'm guessing scam...time to watch the credit card carefully.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Seriously... I don't get it... isn't FYE a major player in the entertainment reatil business? Why would people think they could be scammed by the fye website?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
FYE is totally legit, is the same business as the brick-and-mortar chain, and they have had some excellent deals in the past.

No scam, people. Pricing mistake, maybe.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think the main trepidation about FYE, judging from Bargain section threads I've seen, is that they often will just outright cancel all orders placed on an item involved when a mistake like this is made.

So the "chance" they are taking is that they are wasting their time because the order is likely to be cancelled by FYE in a day or so, prior to the item shipping.

Within their rights? Probably. Bad feelings from the customers? Certainly. Should they honor the price and consider it the cost of doing business? In my opinion, yes.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the heads up on this. I ordered one.

When FYE.com has a cheap price like this, I never mind taking a chance with it because just in case anything goes wrong (overcharge, etc), their parent company's world HQ is in the same town as my campus, so it would be easy to get it settled, I'm sure.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I placed my order. FYE's site did a brain fart and dumped my first order into the Void and I had to re-enter the order, which worked. Not holding my breath though. My experience with the local FYE (which doesn't have it in stock btw) and its local subsidiary (which also does not carry it) has been less than exemplary.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
w00t... mine shipped!!!

Order Total: $19.12 :D :D :D

Via 2-day mail so I should have it on Monday. Thanks so much! :):emoji_thumbsup:

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
argh, Rob, that's not fair! :)

BTW, Aaron deserves the MSTie of the Year award.

Still waiting here for a shipping notice!
~~Nathan

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
They probably looked at all the money I spent on their 20% off sale and said "holy shit! He's a preferred customer! Just cancel all the rest... fuck 'em"

I would always order EVERYTHING from FYE if I didn't have a problem with them once. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get their CS people on the phone... heheheh. Hope you guys get your notices soon.

:D

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
as Rob says "w00t..." I got my tracking notice!
Ah, life is sweet!
Oh, and "Watch out for snakes!" (Yes I know, not in this set...)
:)
~~Nathan

Jason_H

Second Unit
I got my shipping notice, too! I just hope this is the product we are expecting. What a great deal...it feels like 1999 again! :D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I got mine from DVDPlanet, and I like the packaging.
you get4 fold out doors, just like the doors opening up to get to the theater on the ship.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I just want to say that for me a no-budget, 1950s film fan, having the non-MST3K version on the disc is a big, big plus. In fact, as much as I enjoyed MST3K, I probably wouldn't buy the DVD if the original movie, uncut and un-MST3Ked, weren't there.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks