What's new

Let's talk Beer (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I had some peche lambic yesterday and it sure was tasty. It said that it's a belgian ale and I still don't know if it qualifies as a beer. Can anyone educate me on this product?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Great picture of those glasses Mark. I have a very few—some that I picked up in Belgium, where you always get the beer served in the proper glass.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
My wife and I went to Belgium, London, and Germany last November and brought back 24 beers (750ml, 30cl, 500ml, etc.) and 14 glasses!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Mark, very impressive. I simply make due with tulips, chalice and imperial pints. I would love a glass collection like that!
Check your local liquor warehouse style stores and Bristol Farms. Chimay is selling a gift pack complete with their chalice glass. You also get 3 12oz. samples of their Red, Blue and white. For those of us glass deficient.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Check out Stone's new glasses. They look very nice.
feb2004b.jpg

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
Just for info: Concerning the import of alchohol. I live in nw Montana. I had a wine collection at one time and imported alot. In most states it's illegal to import anything containing alchohol, some make it misdemeanors with hefty fines and others will slap you with a felony. Many people still belong to "Beer Clubs" and import it illegally but as long as it doesn't show up damaged many shippers ignore it. States that allow it are called reciprocal states. Some of those include California, Washington, Idaho, Colorado, and there are a few others. In Florida it's a felony for instance.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Ron, on your next LW run. Please pick up one bottle of
Fuller's 1845, add a nice cigar after your pour. Let me know what you think.
Wow Mark, those are nice glasses by Stone.
The cereal is in the kitchen.
I see now that you zoomed out. Cool pool table, can I set my beer on it.:)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Zen, I was just coming here to post you a question of where to get that 1845. I'll swing buy the LW on my way home tonight and see if it's there. Plus I'll pick up some new brews for the other thread.
Peace Out~:D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
If you like the Hobgoblin, which I refrained from posting in the "newbie suggestion" thread, you should like the 1845. I have been wrong before though. Remember my Chimay suggestion ahahahaahah.
I think many of the newbies would love Wychwood's Hobgoblin , just don't think it is available in enough areas huh? Man, we have it good here.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
My latest find.
Rogue Imperial Stout. Now here's a woodsy 60W motor oil of a stout. Very solid effort. This is somewhat of a complex sort, overtones of dates, mollasses (sp?) and an invasive hop finish. I read some other reviews and it confirmed my thoughts that it was just a tinge too much hop snap for a stout. Also felt it a bit too carbonated. These are minor gripes, as the middle is almost a rich and chewy desert. No ABV% listed, but it's said to be anywhere from 10.5 to 11.5. That's what blows my mind, alcohol burn is almost non-existent. Very nice brew, a few flaws, but young with promise. Nowhere near the mystique and grizzly growl of an Old Rasputin. Then again, I think I am in the wrong for comparing.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I just had an A Le Coq Imperial Stout. 9%, no carbonation, winey aroma, but not bad. I think I have a buzz now. The Rogue IS I had also had no carbonation. If I recall, I didn't like it too much. Rogue was on my shitlist for a while until I found the I2PA. Now I love everything Rogue. Most everything anyway. Rogue Shakespeare Stout is nice also.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
My 21st birthday was last Thursday, but I didn't want to go out because I had work Friday morning, so I went out on Friday to a German beer place and had a German wheat beer (the cup held 1.5 beers worth) and a gin and tonic. That beer is the best I've had out of everything I've tried, which hasn't been much. I only got through 1/3 of a bottle of Sam Adams in the summer of 2001, painfully got through a light beer in the fall of 2002 (I think it was a Coors Light), and last Friday was the first time I had had a beer since. I can't remember the name of the beer, but I think it had a hint of banana if I recall correctly from the beer list. Out of all the alcoholic drinks I've had so far, the gin and tonic tasted the best. I know this is a beer thread, but I imagine you all drink more than beer. Which one is the one you need to order specifically otherwise the server will give you the cheapest kind? Gin or tonic? The kind I got was spelled with a "que" in the middle, but I can't remember the full name.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Does anyone have a clue as to what beer I drank? Apparently, the bar I went to (Steinkeller in Oxford, Ohio) is one of few bars that serve it in America, or perhaps the only one that does. Again, it's a German wheat beer with (I believe) a hint of banana and some other stuff. I believe the first few words were Franzi, and I think it was a pretty long name. If you guys can't figure it out, that's fine, I'll definitely be going back to that bar soon anyways. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks