Let's talk Beer

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Does anyone have a clue as to what beer I drank? Apparently, the bar I went to (Steinkeller in Oxford, Ohio) is one of few bars that serve it in America, or perhaps the only one that does. Again, it's a German wheat beer with (I believe) a hint of banana and some other stuff. I believe the first few words were Franzi, and I think it was a pretty long name. If you guys can't figure it out, that's fine, I'll definitely be going back to that bar soon anyways.
That was probably the Franziskaner Hefeweissbier.

Kevin Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Erdinger Pikantus (Weizen Bock)

Schneider (from Muenich) Good dark and light Weizens

Andechs Dunkle Weizen and "Speziel Hell"

"We have a special hell just for you"

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I had to resurrect this thread after the "I don't like beer" thread.
Picked up a case of Three Floyd's Dark Lord last weekend and a boatload of other stuff. De Dolle Oerbier Reserva 2002, Traquair Jacobite, Bell's Two Hearted, Ommegang Three Philosophers, Stone IPA, Bigfoot 2004, Avery The Czar, Dogfish Head 120 min, 90 min, and Worldwide Stout, Great Lakes Blackout Stout, Rogue I2PA, Unibroue La Terrible and 11, Quelque Chose, and some other stuff. Aahhhh, beer. I love it.

Zen Butler

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Ron, look at his! We have met our match...We need to hook up with Mark for our next mini-meet.

Mark, put that away in your cabinent. Or did you run out of room there too?

Absolutely beautiful

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Sorry guys, but if you are ever in Georgia give me a shout. Yes, I have run out of room in the cabinet. I have to stash this somewhere else.

Zen Butler

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Ron, I have business in Mississippi and South Carolina coming soon. Let's roll up on Mark's pad!!
Ron, follow Mark's link on My Home Theater, look at him all smirky with his pale ale. J/K MArk

Zen Butler

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Now wait, I examined pic 2, is that a bottle of Jack, wine and Maker's Mark hiding behind the brew?

As you can see, I'm a bit slow at work today. Sorry.

Ron-P

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yeah, I already checked that out.
On a side note, Steelhead just started breakfast weekends. Tomorrow, it's beer-battered french toast.

Peace Out~

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
The waxed bottles in back are Maker's Mark collector's bottles. There's also a bottle of Grand Marnier, Viuda de Romero tequila (had to buy that), Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Courvosier XO and some other cognac, plus an open bottle of Rogue Chocolate Stout (with the wine bottle stopper on top.)
And if you're driving to South Carolina, you'll probably run close to my house. Come on over but it'll have to be for more than a day.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
made a indulgent trip to bevmo last weekend.
picked up some Bridgeport Pintail Copper Ale as well as Alaskan ESB and two Speakeasy Brewery brews: the prohibition ale and untouchable ale. The former an amber and the latter a more traditional ale.
I explain beers in words not paragraphs, mainly cuz i don't have the words.
Bridgeport was entirely average. oh well. I'm always game for something new.
But the Speakeasy ales....damn, where have they been all me life ? Both are really good.
The Alaskan ESB is good, as the label states. Using Red Hook ESB as my gauge, I would say its very close and just a bit more hoppy...more bitter, but not overly done. Some, well...many of my friends dont like the overly bitter stuff, but I love it.
P.S. I also picked some Fat Tire Ale which, to my knowledge, hasn't been available in my area (Nor Cal) until recently. I have had it before and really liked it. I haven't poured any yet on this turn. I also got (see...I told you it was indulgent) some Sunshine Wheat. I work with a dude from Colorado and he is ecstatic to be able to pick up New Belgium Brewery brews locally now.
quick read on my tastes: Marooned on a deserted island..I would want the following, in order of preference:
1. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (the gold standard)
2. Red Hook ESB
3. Newcastle Brown
4. many tied for 4th place. ha !

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
New Belgium makes some good stuff. La Folie is world class. Fat Tire is their Budweiser. But still good. Alaskan doesn't win medals for their smoked porter every year for nothing. It is very good.

Hardee

Grip
Real Name
Hardee
I had a Corona with my chili and eggs earlier and thought I was being a little exotic over my usual Lone Star.

After reading this thread and being told that beer is not just for breakfast, I guess I need to broaden my horizons.

Interesting and informative thread.

ThomasC

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Pardon me for mentioning a brand name
, but I tried Rolling Rock on Friday and I thought it was okay.

ThomasC

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Heh, really? I haven't tried Natty Light yet, and I don't plan on doing such an action unless there's nothing else available.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deano86