What's new

The Official Fox Wishlist Thread (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i believe that artisan owns extreme prejudice. Their dvd release of the movie was in full screen and not wide screen.

cliffMac

Agent
I'm sorry, but there is not.
The sales were not very good... not good enough to acquire more.

Originally Posted by Mark Collins
Cliff since you are The Vice President of DVD Production and Acquisitions for Shout Factory can you tell us if there is any hope for more Peyton Place episodes. I also wanted to add to the Fox Movie list the 3 Peyton Place Reunion Movies. "Peyton Place Revisited" a cast reuinion moderated by Peter Lawford."Murder in Peyton Place" and " Peyton Place The Next Generation".

cliffMac

Agent
Yep.... I wish they would sublicense films to other labels... but they won't.

Originally Posted by kingfish
i believe that artisan owns extreme prejudice. Their dvd release of the movie was in full screen and not wide screen.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'm aware of EXTREME PREJUDICE being out already, but the fact that it was in full screen is why I never bought it. I got it on taped VHS, anyway. That'll do until FOX gets off their ass and puts out a proper LBX special edition of it. I'm still waiting for them to remaster ESCAPE FROM L.A. I think SOUTHERN COMFORT has been discontinued, though. They ran it on the IFC channel a few months ago, LBX, and I was gonna tape it, then I forgot all about it. D'oh!

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
EXTREME PREJUDICE doesn't belong to FOX though, so I don't see how it's relevant to this thread. You can buy a used DVD of Amazon Marketplace for under $10.

Originally Posted by SWFF
I'm aware of EXTREME PREJUDICE being out already, but the fact that it was in full screen is why I never bought it. I got it on taped VHS, anyway. That'll do until FOX gets off their ass and puts out a proper LBX special edition of it. I'm still waiting for them to remaster ESCAPE FROM L.A. I think SOUTHERN COMFORT has been discontinued, though. They ran it on the IFC channel a few months ago, LBX, and I was gonna tape it, then I forgot all about it. D'oh!

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
For years I've been hoping for Rapture (1965) starring Patricia Gozzi, Dean Stockwell and Melvyn Douglas. I assume Fox owns it - they showed it on Fox Movie Channel regularly years ago.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Artisan/Lionsgate owns the Vestron library, which is a crying shame because Vestron distributed quite a few great B-titles, most of which sit unreleased. If anyone manages to convince Lionsgate to license that catalog they would hit the jackpot. Regarding Shout's acquisition of Fox titles, are they strictly Fox-made films or are these Corman-produced films that were distributed by Fox?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Luisito34
Artisan/Lionsgate owns the Vestron library, which is a crying shame because Vestron distributed quite a few great B-titles, most of which sit unreleased. If anyone manages to convince Lionsgate to license that catalog they would hit the jackpot. Regarding Shout's acquisition of Fox titles, are they strictly Fox-made films or are these Corman-produced films that were distributed by Fox?
I believe most of the Fox Titles were also leased to Anchor Bay but were never released on DVD. I know that Damnation Alley was certainly on Anchor Bay's release list and I think I recall a couple more titles also.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i believe that extreme prejudice has been released again as part of a four film set. http://www.amazon.com/Four-Film-Collection-Dangerous-Prejudice-Universal/dp/B0041QSZG0/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1292450342&sr=1-3

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Added the following:

The Games (1970)
Move (1970)
The Seven Minutes (1971)
The Darwin Adventure (1972)
The Salzburg Connection (1972)
To Kill a Clown (1972)
Hex (1973)
Alex & The Gypsy (1976)
I Will, I Will... for Now (1976)

I hope Fox announces their program soon because there is so much to release. Kudos to Shout! Factory though for releasing some of these on pressed DVDs.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by MLamarre
Added the following:

I Will, I Will... for Now (1976)

Although I WILL, I WILL ... FOR NOW was originally released theatrically by Fox, it is part of the Brut catalog which is now controlled by Warner. I asked Warner about this on their Facebook page, and they confirmed that several Brut titles would be coming out later this year via the Warner Archive program and hinted strongly that I WILL, I WILL ... FOR NOW would be one of them.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Originally Posted by Jeffrey:K
Although I WILL, I WILL ... FOR NOW was originally released theatrically by Fox, it is part of the Brut catalog which is now controlled by Warner. I asked Warner about this on their Facebook page, and they confirmed that several Brut titles would be coming out later this year via the Warner Archive program and hinted strongly that I WILL, I WILL ... FOR NOW would be one of them.
Thanks.

I also added some 80s films.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
We'll have news that will make you guys very happy. Promise to share in this space very soon...

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
James Finn, you seem like a nice guy. but if its another announcement of the same old Fox films repackaged yet again, I will come out fighting !!!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Finn /forum/thread/304636/the-official-fox-wishlist-thread/30#post_3782468
We'll have news that will make you guys very happy. Promise to share in this space very soon...
True Lies and The Abyss on Blu would make me happy! Hey, i know its a DVD thread...but...

Just thinking of DVDs that never got anamorphic releases in the US, and that have not been upgraded at all in the last 10 years...OK not counting new cover art, and fewer features on The Abyss re-releases.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe Caps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

James Finn, you seem like a nice guy. but if its another announcement of the same old Fox films repackaged yet again, I will come out fighting !!!

I agree. The 2010 "major news" event from Fox consisted of one effort, the Kazan collection which consisted of too many previously released titles to double dip. Fortunately I have [COLOR= #b22222]Viva Zapata [/COLOR]and [COLOR= #a52a2a]Wild River [/COLOR]as overseas imports. The only titles wanted from the collection are [COLOR= #8b4513]A Tree Grows In Brooklyn[/COLOR] and [COLOR= #000080]Man On A Tightrope [/COLOR]so I wasn't about to buy the whole set for two titles. This frustration at the lack of Fox titles available domestically was a major factor in my decision to get a region free player which has allowed me to get Fox titles not available here like [COLOR= #800080]B[/COLOR][COLOR= #800080]eloved Infidel[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Swamp Water[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Rains Of Ranchipur[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Revolt Of Mamie Stover[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Anne Of The Indies[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Tender Is The Night[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Boy On A Dolphin[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]The Flim Flam Man[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]The Lion[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Woman's World[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]The Egyptian[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]The Pleasure Seekers[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Two Flags West[/COLOR]t, [COLOR= #800080]Way Of A Gaucho[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Left Hand Of God[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Fate Is The Hunter[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]Barbarian And The Geisha[/COLOR], In Love And War, [COLOR= #800080]Harry Black And The Tiger[/COLOR], [COLOR= #800080]The Second Time Around[/COLOR] and [COLOR= #800080]Sons And Lovers[/COLOR]. Money spent overseas that I would have gladly handed over to Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks