What's new

Let's take a tally: Who on the HTF is on the SVS PC+ preorder? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
My 20-39 (#4531) is on a truck somewhere in this city headed towards my house. Unfortunately I'll be at work all day. I really really hope they leave it without a signature. I dread getting home tonight and seeing that stupid green sticky note pasted on my front door saying they'll try again.

Mark KU

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Hey Aaron, just tape a piece of paper on your front door saying "I, Aaron Cooke, hereby authorize UPS/Fedex to leave a package at my front door." and sign it. I've done it twice so far with no problems. I get back and the package is waiting for me and the note is gone.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Mark,

I tried leaving a note with my signature, but i don't think it worked since my UPS tracking summary now says undeliverable on first attempt. Which really sucks since I live alone...there's never going to be anyone there when they deliver. So I suppose it's going to mean another trip out the the UPS wharehouse about 50 miles round trip to see if i can fit a 20-39 PC+ in the back of my Honda Civic. I have no idea what i'll do if it doesn't fit. I really really wish people would stop using UPS. I know other people have had better luck with them, but around here they are the least helpful of any delivery service. And here i was thinking that coming home to my new SVS sub would be a great way to celebrate my birthday.

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
I feel for ya, Aaron! Is there a neighbor that you could instruct them to leave it with?

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Unfortunately with my neighbors, I would feel a lot safer having UPS leave it on my porch than with one of them LOL. And the worst part is, it looks like i'm going to have to go through this all again on friday when my Outlaw 950 is scheduled for delivery.

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron, I have found the best method is to get in touch with the local UPS site, and find out the driver's name. Whenever I know something is coming, I call my local UPS center, and arrange to meet the driver on his route. I don't know if your area is the same, but I have found the driver's are quite happy to get the large packages off their truck.

Duvall

Agent
Ok, I got my notice that my dual 20-39 PC+'s are on the road. I'm order #4559, so that'll give you an idea of where shipping is at.

Unfortunately mine aren't scheduled to be here till Monday, but I'll keep an eye on tracking, because sometimes UPS does this kinda stuff a little better than expected. Happened a couple of weeks ago with my Outlaw ICBM.

I've got "Panic Room" and "Monsters, Inc." for this weekends entertainment (as well as some music listening), so it'd sure be nice if those subs show this Friday. Fingers crossed.

See ya. Dave

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Well, i've redirected it so that UPS will deliver it to my work tomorrow. Now i just have to figure out how i'm going to get it home. :)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
OK, My 20-39 PC+ has arrived at my work. Wouldn't fit in my Honda Civic in the box but fits fine removing it from the box. Will take it home at lunch and hook it up and play with it for about 15 mins. then at 5PM it's demo time! I'll try to post my initial impressions around 9-10 PM eastern time. Keep in mind though this is my first dedicated sub so I expect to be thoroughly wowed. :)

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Aaron, why wait? Since this sucker's powered, maybe you should try hooking it up to the cd player or soundcard of a computer at your office. I'm sure your coworkers would appreciate a little bit o' bass to help them through their wednesday!:wink:

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
HOT DANG and HOLY SHOOT!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Got my 16-46 PC+ delivered at work, took it home at lunch, quick set up and calibration with spl and receiver's tones, put in LOTR opening battle scene. Wow. I thought my Monitor Audio 210 was powerful, but this is totally on the next level. I could feel the couch shake under me. I could feel the hairs on my leg tingling. I'm gonna have to put some of that poster putty behind my pictures on the walls to keep them from shaking! Can't wait til I get home tonight. Woo Hoo and YeeHaw! Thank you Ron, Tom, Eric, everybody at SVS, UPS and my secretary who signed for it!:emoji_thumbsup:
Ok, hard to go back to work, but I gotta...more later

Andy Swindler

Auditioning
The monolith has arrived!! 20-39+ I couldn't risk it so I waited at home all morning and it just got here. Plugged it in, and listened to the beginning of Jurassic Park DTS. Man, I wish I had more time to play. I live above a flower shop so I don't think they'd appreciate a full calibration right now. And I gotta get back to the office, but I'll post some thoughts tonite after I have a chance to fire her up for real!

Andy

Duvall

Agent
One of you guys let me know how it sounds on music, please. Mine won't be here till Monday, unless I get lucky, and nice tight, powerful musical bass is my prime concern. I've no doubt they pound it out for movies.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Guys, glad to see they are finally getting in our customers hands.

Just be sure to take the time to calibrate the subwoofer,experimenting with the phase control to find the best setting too. I would leave them in max output mode to start...all 3 ports open,with the subsonic filter switch set to the appropriate mark(25hz for the 25-31,20hz for the 20-39 and 16hz for the 16-46). Once you are sure you have the subwoofer's location and phase optimized...then you can play with the different tuning options. Just don't overlook the basics(like level calibration)to have fun with the new stuff like the 4 position filter control.

TV

MattMiller

Auditioning
SVS Guys,

Could you let us know what the latest order number that you've shipped? I'm 4575 and am getting really anxious now that I've seen others have already gotten theirs and mine still hasn't shipped!!!!!!! ... and I ordered on the first day

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Matt;

Your order should be shipping today or tomorrow. Have no fear we didn't skip over anyone's order, but we did get quite a few orders the first few days of order.

Erik K

Timmy K

Auditioning
I received my 20-39PC Plus today (order #4538) and all I can say is WOW!!! I have a Klipsch reference system (RX-7) and was running a KSW200 for my sub before I got the SVS and there is no comparison to be made at all! I don't have it calibrated yet but have tested a few of my favorite movie scenes. I have never experienced bass like this before. Very clean, loud, and deep!! The vibrations were incredible! I considered keeping my KSW200 in my system as a second sub but have now ruled this out as the SVS puts out enormous amounts of bass and I don't want to muddy the sound that I'm now enjoying. Can't wait till I get it calibrated and test out more movies and music. Thanks SVS for all the hard work! It definitely was worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks