What's new

Let's take a tally: Who on the HTF is on the SVS PC+ preorder? (1 Viewer)

Paul Rollason

Auditioning
My first post on this forum,have been lurking for quite a while and really liked what I have seen,ordered my 20-39pc kinda late and Ron`s telling me about 2 weeks :frowning: guess I will have to sit it out,and wait till it gets shipped over here to the U.K. to experince that clean deep low bass that I have read so much about,sold my old sub to fund this one so at the moment the house has no bass :frowning: not a good thing at all!!

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
Wow to the uk! I bet that wasn't cheap. I know years ago I bought a rel over there and brought it back in order to save some coin. I'm sure you will love it I love mine.

Cheers,
Matt

Paul Rollason

Auditioning
$110 to my local airport,so thats about £60 - £65 = ;) just have to pay taxes when I pick it up :frowning: just another great thing about Ron/Eric and all who work at SVS they make sure that you are not charged the earth for freight services,just real nice people to deal with.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Paul,

Thanks for the kind words, one thing though about the "just real nice people to deal with" comment.

Remember, we're "NATO" (Not At The Office) when it comes to complaints about your neighbors china plates rattling and pensioners having flashbacks to "the blitz". I hope you have a nice country estate and not a flat in Birmingham?

I'm afraid the PC-Plus will be something like "The Blitz" in 5.1 surround.

Don't tell us we didn't warn you ;^)

Ron

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Whoo hoo! Friday is going to be a good day! (Provided the shipping goes well)!

Can't wait, I'm holding out to watch Blade][ as the first use of the SVS!

Mark R. Ososkie

Stunt Coordinator
Got my shipping notice, should be here on wednesday, but for some reason my tracking info isnt working yet?
Hopefully it'll show up a day early, considering i'm so close to the factory

Duvall

Agent
My dual 20-39 PCplus' did arrive today as scheduled. I'm pretty well dialed in, but will be working with them more over the coming week.
First impressions are very favorable with movies (Pod Race in "Phantom Menace", all kinds of scenes from "Das Boot") and music, though there isn't a lot of stuff below my crossover point of 40Hz in stereo (listening to "Cold Tea Blues", Cowboy Junkies, "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo", Bela Fleck and the Flecktones). :D
Will hold further thoughts for the longer term, but I've been around the block enough to know that my first impressions usually hold water most of the time.
Anyone know what's the best way to take the top grill off to look inside or use the port blocks a little down the road? I don't want to bung it up with just the grip it and rip thought. Also, any thoughts how to reverse a polarized plug if a ground loop develops during my excursions of moving these tubes around the room to different plugs?
See ya. Dave

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
Poppin' the top is easy Dave. You can't hurt anything, just do like the info from SVS says, give it a bearhug and lift with your fingertips.

Did you listen to the stand up bass on the Diana Krall dvd yet? Blue Man Group is a lot of fun too! Try track 9.

Paul Rollason

Auditioning
Hey Ron,we had a 4.8 earthquake yesterday at 12.54am(the first in 10 years) the whole house (a real sturdy victorian cottage) and all pictures,bed/cabinets/etc shook violentley,thought for a second the beast had arrived,and was growling at my door,waiting to unleash the bass!!:D

Tommy_W

Grip
Mine should be here tomorrow! Order number was 4772..man it just missed the delivery for today! It's sitting at the local ups center! Since I didn't get my speakers yet, I am just going to set the svs up and play it with my stereo first! :)

Duvall

Agent
Tommy W. posted:
>>Mine should be here tomorrow! Order number was 4772..man it just missed the delivery for today! It's sitting at the local ups center! Since I didn't get my speakers yet, I am just going to set the svs up and play it with my stereo first!

Duvall

Agent
Screw waiting long term to comment further.

Trying my best to curb my enthusiasim, but after many hours I've nailed my dual 20-39 PCplus setup for both music and movies.

Ron, Tom, and the rest at SVS....this is the best ported sub I've ever heard (felt). I've been able to blend them in pretty darn seamlessly with first order crossover Dunlavy speakers, and to the point where they don't draw attention to their locations. With music, bass notes are as stacatto as I've ever heard with a vented design, and rivals sealed-box performance.

And no need to mention movies. As everyone is starting to hear, these subs are outstanding where the movie calls for it to be a monster.

Great job!

See ya. Dave

Jeffrey Chin

Second Unit
Sep 26, 2002 5:32 A.M. MEADOWLANDS, NJ, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
Based on my experience w/ UPS, OUT FOR DELIVERY = will be delivered 7 hrs after that timestamp
16-46PC+ IN DA HOUSE - w00t! :D

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeff,

I hear Ron Epstein is only a few exits away, try to keep it down will you? ;^)

Ron

Heath Wade

Auditioning
For those of you who are still waiting on your PC+ to ship, I received my shipping confirmation yesterday. Order #5369. I emailed SVS twice over the course of 2 weeks to check estimated shipping dates. Both times I was told it would be late this week or early next week. This is the first time I've experienced a company that actually shipped something earlier then anticipated. Needless to say it was a nice surprise.

Heath

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks