What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Law & Order Season 2..... Will It Ever Happen? (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
For the longest time, I've been anticipating the second season release of "Law & Order" on DVD. But after all this time waiting, I have to wonder if it is even in the cards. It's been about a year (or more) since the first season was made available, and now.....nothing.

Instead, we recieve word that Universal is releasing the "Criminal Intent" and "Special Victims Unit" series' in season sets. What I don't understand is why they refuse to continue with the series they've already begun.

As I had heard, "Law & Order: The First Yezr" didn't sell all that well. So who's to say that "CI" and "SVU" will do much better?

It just bothers me that studios such as Universal can release one season of a show on DVD, and not follow it up. "The Larry Sanders Show" suffered this fate, and from the looks of things, so has "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" unless there's something I don't know.

All I know is I'm dying to collect future seasons of "Law & Order". Is it a probability or just wishful thinking?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
Who knows.

Obviously, Universal's plans have changed. They enclosed a coupon for Season 2 within Season 1, and that had a scheduled release date of Spring 2003, which never happened. One has to wonder if they were disappointed with initial sales, and are going to throw in the towel on the idea.

They do have a website:

http://www.lawandorderdvd.com

where you can sign up for a new release newsletter.

Until then, Monday and Tuesday is great on TNT, too bad I haven't figured out any logic to which episode will be on at any given time.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Actually, with the announcement of season 1 releases of SVU and CI, I'd put money on season 2 of the original series not being too far off.

What are the chances that Universal's going to piss off not just Law & Order fans, but fans of both CI and SVU as well by stopping their releases after only producing first season sets of each?

Slim and none. And slim just left town.

And as for The Mary Tyler Moore Show: :angry:

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Hi,

I searched and didn't find anything on this. Anyways, is there any news on the seconds seasons of all the Law & Order seasons?? I admit it...I am a Law & Order junkie. Regular, SVU, CI - you name it. If it is on TV and I am home, I watch it. I want them all! I really do. I know we have the first seasons... Any sales figures on the current releases?

Thanks so much for any info!

Zack

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No word has leaked out yet about future releases of the L&O shows. I'm sure they are inevitable, but I can't "prove" they are coming. If I was able to, I would have posted something on TVShowsOnDVD, of course! :)

Now that the company is "NBC-Universal", though, I'm sure that there's no doubt this will hit with a big splash before you know it.

Stand by; we'll all probably hear something before too long.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Thanks, David.

Yah, I checked your site first for info on this!! :)

OK, well I will keep my fingers crossed.

Dang, I am a Law & Order junkie...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks