What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
SPRING Into SUMMER Sale is LIVE NOW! (800 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/spring-into-summer-sale-2022

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
SALE Ends: Monday, July 18th!

View attachment 142638
I spent $133 and change including tax. Always seem to find a bunch of titles I'm interested in. Picked up: Shakedown, Film Noir #6 (Singapore, Johnny Stool Pigeon, Raging Tide) Touch of Evil (Blu Ray) , Francis The Talking Mule Collection, Back Street(1941), Now & Forever and Blue Skies(should be the corrected disc). Already know some titles I will get when the next big sale comes up.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
One of my all-time favorite films that I first watched in a movie theater as a young boy. There is little doubt that I'll purchase this 4K disc, but after buying it for the second time on Blu-ray just last year from Kino, it kind of pisses me off. I guess I'll just swallow hard as I want to hear Paul Scofield yell out "Labiche" one more time, but in 4K/Dolby Vision.;)
We only decided to release it on 4K after seeing how well it sold for us on Blu-ray, that's why we had only acquired the Blu-ray rights as part of our 8th MGM deal and added the 4K rights as part of our 11th deal with them. We weren't trying to deceive our customers.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There is little doubt that I'll purchase this 4K disc, but after buying it for the second time on Blu-ray just last year from Kino, it kind of pisses me off.
One of the things that I do in a situation such as this is to give away the old disc to a friend (if all the supplements carry over.) This helps me to feel good about upgrading because my old purchase still gets to be used and enjoyed, so the money for it still feels well spent. It helps that I have multiple friends who don't mind getting an older edition and are just happy to get the movie.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
One of the things that I do in a situation such as this is to give away the old disc to a friend (if all the supplements carry over.) This helps me to feel good about upgrading because my old purchase still gets to be used and enjoyed, so the money for it still feels well spent. It helps that I have multiple friends who don't mind getting an older edition and are just happy to get the movie.
I do exactly the same thing.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
In Seattle SCARECROW VIDEO has become a nonprofit film library. They still rent films out but if you donate your unwanted DVDs, Blus, even Laser Discs you can take a tax deduction and be happy with the fact they are still being enjoyed by others. I've given them a lot of stuff as new 4K versions of films have been released.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 6th!

THE COP (1970) Un Condé
• Brand New 4K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Trailer
• In French with English Subtitles

Color 98 Minutes 1.66:1 Rated R
Michel Bouquet (La Femme Infidèle) is judge, jury and executioner in The Cop (Un Condé), a nerve-twisting crime thriller from director Yves Boisset (Dog Day). When a crackdown on drugs leads to his partner’s killing, Inspector Favenin (Bouquet), once an honest cop, decides to take the law into his own hands. Armed with a revolver and a furious desire for revenge, he uses morally questionable methods of blackmail and torture to track down the assassins. Based on a novel by Pierre Lesou (Le Doulos), The Cop is a jet-black neo-noir par excellence, featuring Françoise Fabian (Belle De Jour), Gianni Garko (If You Meet Sartana… Pray for Your Death), Michel Constantin (Violent City), Rufus (Amélie), Anne Carrère (The Secret Killer), Henri Garcin (Someone Behind the Door), Bernard Fresson (La Prisonnière) and Adolfo Celi (Thunderball).

738329260255.jpg

dagover

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I give my unwanted Blus, DVDs, and CDs to my local Goodwill. They sell them, and the money goes to helping the less fortunate

In late 2020, my wife and I sold our house of 20 years and downsized to a smaller apartment. Married 50+ years, we had accumulated tons of stuff and only had 2 months to clear everything out. Along with boxes of other stuff, we probably gave Goodwill 200+ BD, DVD, CD and old LPs. Much to my wife's disappointment, all my silent films, and Brubeck CD/LPs made the move to our new place and I continue to add to them. I'm looking forward to a Kino BD silent film coming tomorrow.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
We only decided to release it on 4K after seeing how well it sold for us on Blu-ray, that's why we had only acquired the Blu-ray rights as part of our 8th MGM deal and added the 4K rights as part of our 11th deal with them. We weren't trying to deceive our customers.
It’s a wonderful thing when Kino-Lorber releases an excellent Blu-ray Disc of a great movie, and it sells so well that Kino-Lorber is able to then release an even better version on 4K UHD.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 13th from CODE RED and Kino Lorber!

Terror Squad (1988)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Interview with Actor Kavi Raz
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 92 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
The city of Kokomo, Indiana, becomes the battleground for an international conflict when a failed attempt to destroy a nuclear power plant sends three terrorists on a rampage of destruction. Tension mounts as the terrorists bargain for their escape by taking six Kokomo High School students and their teacher hostage. It’s up to Police Chief Rawlings (the great Chuck Connors, TV’s The Rifleman, High Desert Kill) to negotiate the safe release of the hostages and bring the villains to justice. Terror Squad delivers full-throttle excitement and gripping drama, featuring Brodie Greer (TV’s CHiPs), Bill Calvert (C.H.U.D. II), Kavi Raz (TV’s St. Elsewhere) and Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead).

738329260286.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
SPRING Into SUMMER Sale Continues! (800 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/spring-into-summer-sale-2022

Also, our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST Sale! (Over 160 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/kl-while-supplies-last-sale-2022

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
SPRING/SUMMER SALE Ends: Monday, July 18th!

We reduced the prices on 7 WSL titles and added 20 new ones.

Added Titles:
THE 6TH MAN
BAD GIRL
THE BED SITTING ROOM
BLAZE
CHANDU THE MAGICIAN
CRADLE WILL ROCK
DONOVAN’S BRAIN
HELLO AGAIN
IDA LUPINO: FILMMAKER COLLECTION
INVISIBLE INVADERS
IT’S PAT: THE MOVIE
MIRACLE BEACH
MODESTY BLAISE
THE NEPTUNE FACTOR
SALAAM BOMBAY
SHERIFF HOOT KLOOT
SHORT EYES
A SIMPLE TWISE OF FATE
WHERE ARE THE BOYS ‘84
WHERE’S POPPA

And we reduced the prices for these:
CURSE OF THE PINK PANTHER
I’LL BE SEEING YOU
INDISCRETION OF AN AMERICAN WIFE
THE LAST VALLEY
THE REIVERS
SON OF THE PINK PANTHER
X: THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES

SSSale.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 13th!

Some Girls (1988)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Michael Hoffman
• Overtime Questions with Michael Hoffman: More About Some Girls - Featurette by Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer (8:39)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 94 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Patrick Dempsey (Can’t Buy Me Love) and Jennifer Connelly (Career Opportunities) star in this enchanting and unpredictable comedy about sexual manners and romance. When Michael (Dempsey) arrives in Quebec to spend Christmas with his girlfriend Gabriella (Connelly), she greets him with startling news—“I don’t love you anymore.” But for poor Michael that’s just the beginning of his woes, as he finds he’s about to spend the holidays with a most bizarre family. Along with Gabriella’s two eager sisters who crawl in and out of his bed, there’s her doting mother and brilliant father who writes books in the buff. And let’s not forget Gabi’s Granny who insists that Michael is her dead husband. The outlandish meets the ordinary in Some Girls, serving up plenty of fun with more than a dash of farce, fantasy and originality! The delightful international cast includes Sheila Kelley (Breaking In), Lila Kedrova (Zorba the Greek), Florinda Bolkan (Flavia the Heretic), Ashley Greenfield (One Fine Day) and André Gregory (My Dinner with André). Directed by Michael Hoffman (Soapdish) and produced by Robert Redford (A Civil Action).

738329260262.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks