What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
For a "first round" I mostly stuck to things in the "Last Chance" section (most of which didn't change in price for this sale) and added a couple of titles from the sale proper - still hit ~$80 even after taking a couple of things out (titles I'm on-the-fence with and need to watch them somewhere first just in case).

I'll wait a couple of days to see if I still have any money burning a hole in my pocket (I really took advantage of the recent B2G1 sale at Target and am smarting from that one a bit) before putting together a possible 2nd order.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
For a "first round" I mostly stuck to things in the "Last Chance" section (most of which didn't change in price for this sale) and added a couple of titles from the sale proper - still hit ~$80 even after taking a couple of things out (titles I'm on-the-fence with and need to watch them somewhere first just in case).

I'll wait a couple of days to see if I still have any money burning a hole in my pocket (I really took advantage of the recent B2G1 sale at Target and am smarting from that one a bit) before putting together a possible 2nd order.
A suggestion to my friends pick up The Holly and The Ivy on sale and GREAT viewing for Christmas In July!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I got to $49.45 in my cart, and couldn’t find another title…hah, oh well. Perhaps I’ll try again later
I had a similar situation, so I went to the "While Supplies Last" section and found a title to put me over the "free shipping" threshold.

I don't need to go that route myself, but thanks for the reminder nonetheless. I quickly checked thru that section, and the IMO most notable title there is Fritz Lang's The Woman in the Window (on the last page) for just $7.99.

IF you enjoy a little noir and don't already have that, it's definitely a worthwhile choice, especially at that price whether you could use the bump to get free shipping or not. Yeah, the PQ on this one ain't exactly great, but at that price, it's certainly plenty passable for this classic... and not like we'd likely ever get a better version on disc...

_Man_

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I don't need to go that route myself, but thanks for the reminder nonetheless. I quickly checked thru that section, and the IMO most notable title there is Fritz Lang's The Woman in the Window (on the last page) for just $7.99.

IF you enjoy a little noir and don't already have that, it's definitely a worthwhile choice, especially at that price whether you could use the bump to get free shipping or not. Yeah, the PQ on this one ain't exactly great, but at that price, it's certainly plenty passable for this classic... and not like we'd likely ever get a better version on disc...

_Man_
Maybe Scarlet Street on blu-ray for $9.99 might be an even better choice.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 13th!

The Extreme Adventures of Super Dave (2000)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Peter MacDonald, Moderated by Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 91 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
Break out the body-casts! The world’s most painfully hilarious stuntman is back with a powder-keg of laughs! Super Dave Osborne (Bob Einstein, TV’s Curb Your Enthusiasm) gives a crash course in comedy in this wacky adventure of daredevil antics, whiplash humor and crash-test love that’ll break every funny bone in your body! Things couldn’t get much worse for Super Dave. After a near-fatal accident he discovers that he’s been bankrupted by his swindling manager and foreclosed on by the bank. Devastated and ready to hang up his crash helmet, Super Dave finds strength in a klutzy-but-cute single mom (Gia Carides, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me) and her ailing young son, Timmy. And when he learns that Timmy needs an expensive heart operation, Super Dave shuns retirement to raise the money. Even if it means facing off against his arch enemy, Gil (Dan Hedaya, The Crew), a slimy sports promoter, to once again prove that he’s not only the most outrageous daredevil…he’s also the most accident-prone! Directed by Peter MacDonald (Rambo III, Mo’ Money) and featuring cameos by music legend Ray Charles, NFL giant John Elway, boxing great Evander Holyfield and ring announcer extraordinaire Michael Buffer.

EXTREME_ADVENTURES_OF_SUPER_DAVE_flat.jpg

compson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Maybe Scarlet Street on blu-ray for $9.99 might be an even better choice.
I don’t think it would be. Scarlet Street is better known but to me seems mean-spirited by comparison. Woman in the Window is a lot of fun and one of the most suspenseful movies I’ve ever seen. I seriously considered turning off the disc halfway through the second time I watched it, even though I already knew how the movie ended.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I don’t think it would be. Scarlet Street is better known but to me seems mean-spirited by comparison. Woman in the Window is a lot of fun and one of the most suspenseful movies I’ve ever seen. I seriously considered turning off the disc halfway through the second time I watched it, even though I already knew how the movie ended.
That is a really interesting take that you have on both films. You have motivated me to go back and watch both films back to back.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming on Blu-ray in 2023!

Brand New 4K Restoration!

The Outside Man (1972)
Starring Jean-Louis Trintignant, Ann-Margret, Roy Scheider, Angie Dickinson, Michel Constantin, Felice Orlandi, Ted de Corsia, John Hillerman, Georgia Engel, Jackie Earle Haley & Umberto Orsini – Shot by Silvano Ippoliti (The Great Silence) & Terry K. Meade (Killdozer) – Music by Michel Legrand (The Thomas Crown Affair) – Screenplay by Jean-Claude Carrière (The Tin Drum), Jacques Deray (Borsalino) & Ian McLellan Hunter (A Dream of Kings) – Directed by Jacques Deray (La Piscine, Three Men to Kill, The Outsider).

In Memory of Jean-Louis Trintignant

1656169708233.png

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Martin
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Search for Beauty (1934)
Starring Ida Lupino, Buster Crabbe, Robert Armstrong, James Gleason & Toby Wing – Shot by Harry Fischbeck (Double Door, The Eagle and the Hawk) – Directed by Erle C. Kenton (Who Done It?, House of Frankenstein).

Has this been announced yet? I've searched for awhile, but didn't find anything else.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master!

The Train (1964)
Starring Burt Lancaster, Paul Scofield, Jeanne Moreau, Michel Simon, Suzanne Flon, Wolfgang Preiss & Albert Rémy – Shot by Jean Tournier (The Day of the Jackal) & Walter Wottitz (The Longest Day) – Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago) – Screenplay by Franklin Coen (Alvarez Kelly) & Frank Davis (Ten Tall Men) – Directed by John Frankenheimer (The Manchurian Candidate, Seconds, Ronin).

Oscar Nominee: Best Screenplay

1656255696222.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of my all-time favorite films that I first watched in a movie theater as a young boy. There is little doubt that I'll purchase this 4K disc, but after buying it for the second time on Blu-ray just last year from Kino, it kind of pisses me off. I guess I'll just swallow hard as I want to hear Paul Scofield yell out "Labiche" one more time, but in 4K/Dolby Vision.;)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
One of my all-time favorite films that I first watched in a movie theater as a young boy. There is little doubt that I'll purchase this 4K disc, but after buying it for the second time on Blu-ray just last year from Kino, it kind of pisses me off. I guess I'll just swallow hard as I want to hear Paul Scofield yell out "Labiche" one more time, but in 4K/Dolby Vision.;)
I’m on for this too. I was lucky enough to see a theater screening of this film this last fall.

Last edited:

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master!

The Train (1964)
Starring Burt Lancaster, Paul Scofield, Jeanne Moreau, Michel Simon, Suzanne Flon, Wolfgang Preiss & Albert Rémy – Shot by Jean Tournier (The Day of the Jackal) & Walter Wottitz (The Longest Day) – Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago) – Screenplay by Franklin Coen (Alvarez Kelly) & Frank Davis (Ten Tall Men) – Directed by John Frankenheimer (The Manchurian Candidate, Seconds, Ronin).

Oscar Nominee: Best Screenplay

View attachment 142877
This is a fantastic choice for a 4K release. It has such a realistic feel to me. Great movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digimont
Recent bookmarks