What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
SPRING Into SUMMER Sale Continues! (800 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/spring-into-summer-sale-2022

Also, our ongoing WHILE SUPPLIES LAST Sale! (Over 160 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/kl-while-supplies-last-sale-2022

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
SPRING/SUMMER SALE Ends: Monday, July 18th!

We reduced the prices on 7 WSL titles and added 20 new ones.

Added Titles:
THE 6TH MAN
BAD GIRL
THE BED SITTING ROOM
BLAZE
CHANDU THE MAGICIAN
CRADLE WILL ROCK
DONOVAN’S BRAIN
HELLO AGAIN
IDA LUPINO: FILMMAKER COLLECTION
INVISIBLE INVADERS
IT’S PAT: THE MOVIE
MIRACLE BEACH
MODESTY BLAISE
THE NEPTUNE FACTOR
SALAAM BOMBAY
SHERIFF HOOT KLOOT
SHORT EYES
A SIMPLE TWISE OF FATE
WHERE ARE THE BOYS ‘84
WHERE’S POPPA

And we reduced the prices for these:
CURSE OF THE PINK PANTHER
I’LL BE SEEING YOU
INDISCRETION OF AN AMERICAN WIFE
THE LAST VALLEY
THE REIVERS
SON OF THE PINK PANTHER
X: THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES

View attachment 143365
The Reivers is a great film and Steve McQueen is at the top of his acting game. Very true to the Faulkner novel. Watch this and listen to The Band. You’ll get it. Anyone without this should pick it up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Duet for One (1986)
Starring Julie Andrews, Alan Bates, Max von Sydow, Liam Neeson & Rupert Everett – Shot by Alex Thomson (Excalibur) – Produced by Golan-Globus (52 Pick-Up) – Directed by Andrey Konchalovskiy (Siberiade, Runaway Train, Shy People, Tango & Cash).

Golden Globe Nominee: Best Actress

1656774042029.png

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

Duet for One (1986)
Starring Julie Andrews, Alan Bates, Max von Sydow, Liam Neeson & Rupert Everett – Shot by Alex Thomson (Excalibur) – Produced by Golan-Globus (52 Pick-Up) – Directed by Andrey Konchalovskiy (Siberiade, Runaway Train, Shy People, Tango & Cash).

Golden Globe Nominee: Best Actress

View attachment 143412
More Julie Andrews on blu ray is a good thing. I don't believe this was ever released on DVD.

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
Good news about "Duet For One," which has been hard to find for decades (I am also unaware of a DVD release). I saw this film during its brief theatrical run in the 80s and found it very moving. Wrenching too; some scenes are tough to watch.

Andrews recently gave an interview to Vanity Fair in connection with her AFI lifetime achievement award. Relevant excerpt below:

Interviewer: Is there another title in your filmography that you think deserves more attention?

Andrews: A film with Andrei Konchalovsky called Duet For One. I played a lady who was in a wheelchair who had M.S. It was very loosely based on Jacqueline du Pré, the wonderful cellist. It was a very difficult and very depressing film to make, and it disappeared literally overnight at a Christmas release. But it was a very interesting experience. It was with Max Von Sydow and Alan Bates.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
OMG! I have been waiting for decades to see Duet For One. Never got the chance because it has never been available except for VHS.

willyTass

Supporting Actor

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

2018 HD Master by Paramount Pictures – From a 4K Scan of 35mm Original Camera Negative

The Counterfeit Traitor (1962)
Starring William Holden, Lilli Palmer, Hugh Griffith, Ingrid van Bergen, Wolfgang Preiss, Werner Peters, Erica Beer & Klaus Kinski – Shot by Jean Bourgoin (Black Orpheus, The Longest Day) – Music by Alfred Newman (Nevada Smith, Airport) – Written, Produced & Directed by George Seaton (Miracle on 34th Street, 36 Hours).

View attachment 142095
Just don’t get The Imprint Blu ray. It’s terrible and a much older master than Kino will be getting

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

2K Restoration by Gaumont!

Joy House (1964)
Les Félins | The Love Cage – Starring Alain Delon, Jane Fonda, Lola Albright, Carl Studer, Sorrell Booke & George Gaynes – Shot by Henri Decaë (The Sicilian Clan) – Music by Lalo Schifrin (Prime Cut) – Directed by René Clément (Forbidden Games, Purple Noon, Rider on the Rain, And Hope to Die).

1656860451902.png

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just don’t get The Imprint Blu ray. It’s terrible and a much older master than Kino will be getting
You sure about that? I think KL will get the same transfer that Imprint received from Paramount. If you have information that shows otherwise, please share.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
3BFCC349-8A4B-4434-B02D-0473E5E19322.jpeg

watched it today

reel cue marks in the corners , lots of scratches, negative damage galore. It’s barely DVD quality. Imprint has bough a garbage ancient master . One of the worst transfers I’ve seen in 17 years. It’s impossible what IMPRINT purchased was from a recent 2k master, Unless squirrels were handling things at Paramount And mistakenly scanned someone’s 16 mm print stored in the garage.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Good news about "Duet For One," which has been hard to find for decades (I am also unaware of a DVD release). I saw this film during its brief theatrical run in the 80s and found it very moving. Wrenching too; some scenes are tough to watch.

Andrews recently gave an interview to Vanity Fair in connection with her AFI lifetime achievement award. Relevant excerpt below:

Interviewer: Is there another title in your filmography that you think deserves more attention?

Andrews: A film with Andrei Konchalovsky called Duet For One. I played a lady who was in a wheelchair who had M.S. It was very loosely based on Jacqueline du Pré, the wonderful cellist. It was a very difficult and very depressing film to make, and it disappeared literally overnight at a Christmas release. But it was a very interesting experience. It was with Max Von Sydow and Alan Bates.
Just sent it to her reps secretary! Of course her reps are on the west coast she though lives way out on LI

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Joy House (1964)
Les Félins | The Love Cage – Starring Alain Delon, Jane Fonda, Lola Albright, Carl Studer, Sorrell Booke & George Gaynes – Shot by Henri Decaë (The Sicilian Clan) – Music by Lalo Schifrin (Prime Cut) – Directed by René Clément (Forbidden Games, Purple Noon, Rider on the Rain, And Hope to Die).

View attachment 143594
Kino Lorber, will you be including both the English and French language tracks? I believe the film was shot in both languages.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Joy House (1964)

View attachment 143594
Also staring television favorite Lola Albright! What an interesting cast.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Joy House (1964)

View attachment 143594
I saw this when it first came out but never again since then. I've forgotten just about everything in the film but, being a fan of Alain Delon, I'll have to buy this disc. It helps that Lolo Albright is in the film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Monday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

4K Restoration by Paramount Pictures!

The Italian Job (1969)
Starring Michael Caine, Noël Coward, Benny Hill, Raf Vallone, Rossano Brazzi & Margaret Blye – Shot by Douglas Slocombe (The Lion in Winter) – Music by Quincy Jones (In the Heat of the Night) – Written by Troy Kennedy-Martin (Kelly’s Heroes, Sweeney 2) – Directed by Peter Collinson (Innocent Bystanders, The Man Called Noon, The Sell-Out, The Earthling).

1656946892302.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digimont
Recent bookmarks