What's new

Just received VT-12 and STF-2 and Onkyo 601... Now have problem! (1 Viewer)

LiC

Auditioning
After 2 hours of setting up the newly arrived system, I found that only the center speaker and sub-woofer are working. The front L and R speakers do not have any sound. (i have not connected back speakers yet),I followed the exact wire guide per HSU manual. I also tried to connect front speakers directly to the receiver, still no sound. I am using digital coax between DVD player and receiver. I start to sweat now, and have no idea if it is speaker problem, receiver problem, DVD player prblem, or configuration problem (receiver input is set to digital coax, dvd player output is set to bitstream)... I am a newbie to HT and it's my first system. Learning curve is not quite flat to me this time.

Anyone would have any idea of my situation? I just want my system working properly.

HT Speakers: Hsu Research VT-12
Sub: Hsu STF-2
Receriver: Onkyo 601

John S

Senior HTF Member
Put a couple of simple RCA's into one of the inputs, like say CD.. Touch the other end, do you hear buzz / pop's in your fronts? Make sure the input is set for analog when you try this.

SeanStrachan

Auditioning
Did you go through the setup menu in the receiver? Most receivers have some setting where you can specify what speakers you have connected to the reciever. If you've done this try playing a stereo source such as a cd player. If you still can't get sound out of the left and right speakers I would guess there is a problem with the receiver.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lic. Welcome to HTF.

It's always a panic when things dont seem to work. First - STOP. Wait until morning when you have an hour or two of time to calmly work things out.

Start by reading this thread on How to hook up your new HT reciever. It has a lot of good, basic advice that will make your install easier.

My guess is: your L/R speakers DO work. But you have:

- a source that mainly uses the center
- a A/B switch which is set to "B" while your speakers are hooked to "A"
- a mis-connection somewhere

Read the link above. It shows you steps to take, one at at time, to start simple and work up to the DVD player.

(I have been doing this stuff for years, and I never start with the DVD player. There is a special codicle of Murphy's Law that becomes active if you do this.)

We will help you through this. Follow the guidelines and let us know where you get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks