What's new

John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019) (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
“I enjoy making these movies because there’s no limit,” he said. “We create our own mythology, and we have a studio that both stays out of our way and supports us on the wacky decisions. If people go see the movie, and it makes money, and they came back to us, Keanu and I have ideas for days. It’s a fun world. I could live here for the rest of my career. If people like it and want to watch more, I could think of way worse ways to spend your career. We’ll let the audience figure that out.”
We live in a world where people often complain about how pigeon-holed or trapped they feel by some of their successes...it's very refreshing to read this quote. I wish both of them all the good fortune in the world.

Also, because I work in the industry:
Death by Library Book
was my favorite fight scene in the movie.

"Shhhh!" - Boban Marjanovic's "Ernest" to John Wick :laugh:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh also, here are the homages I think I caught on to, others?
  1. Fighting Boban (a basketball player) = Game of Death, Bruce Lee vs. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
  2. Wick putting a gun together using different parts = Tuco's similar scene in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (especially listening to the barrel click as it rotates)
  3. "Guns, Lots of Guns" - obvious reference to The Matrix final assault scene (not to mention all the Matrix talent in these films)
I think I noted one or two more but I can't recall them right now. I'll try to watch it again soon and update this post.

1. EDIT - oh obviously the whole "escape to Casablanca" rationale

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
https://people.com/movies/john-wick-4-coming-director-says-no-happy-ending/

It's early days...but he's saying all the right things!
“John may survive all this s—, but at the end of it, there’s no happy ending. He’s got nowhere to go,” Stahelski said. “Honestly, I challenge you right now, here’s a question to you: How do you f—— want me to end it? Do you think he’s going to ride off into the f—— sunset?”

He continued, “He’s killed 300 f—— people and he’s just going to [walk away], everything’s OK? He’s just going to fall in love with a love interest?”

“If you’re this f—— guy, if this guy really exist[ed], how is this guy’s day going to end? He’s f—ed for the rest of his life,” the director said. “It’s just a matter of time.”

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Can you believe a couple brought their baby to see this film in a Dolby Cinema theater? Of course, the baby wasn't watching the movie as he/she was too busy trying to sleep or cooing or crying.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
To be clear, my problem with bringing a baby to a movie theater is a baby's tendency to make noise, thus, bringing me out of the movie and lessening my enjoyment of the movie theater experience.
I think they ought to throw people that are that dumb in jail. :laugh: OK, that may be a little extreme but I've seen people bring babies to 'adult' movies and I marvel at how rude people could be. I'm not exactly the most polite person in the world and I wouldn't even conceive of bringing a baby to a non-kids movie. And I get the idea that a person's life shouldn't be put on hold because they have a child but c'mon, have some courtesy for other people.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think they ought to throw people that are that dumb in jail. :laugh: OK, that may be a little extreme but I've seen people bring babies to 'adult' movies and I marvel at how rude people could be. I'm not exactly the most polite person in the world and I wouldn't even conceive of bringing a baby to a non-kids movie. And I get the idea that a person's life shouldn't be put on hold because they have a child but c'mon, have some courtesy for other people.

The baby at a movie is an issue more due to audience disruption than "scarring" the kid,

An actual baby won't be impacted by the violence in "Wick". He/she might get upset with all the loud noises, but the movie's graphic content won't be an issue until he/she is a couple years older.

For reasons no one can remember, my stepmother thought it was A-OK to take my then-four-year-old brother to "Alien" in 1979.

THAT scarred him!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I assume the theater is letting them bring the baby in for free. If they charged the baby a full admission, people might think twice.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So no one is asking about the elephant in the room:

Why didn't they cast
Carrie Anne Moss
as the adjudicator???

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Their fight scene was fun to watch too including a part that was a mistake, but they left it in because it was quite funny.

yayan-ruhian-cecep-arif-rahman-dan-keanu-reeves.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Fucking awesome.

Each film builds on the last and expands the Wickverse further.

The choreography in this film is insane. Terrifically entertaining.

It’s a fascinating world and can’t wait for the next film.

“Yeah.....I’m pissed!”;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks